Mine Are:
1: “Its Easy”
2:
dude: can you go godspeed?
me: pretty much
shows him*
dude:“Its Not as fast as angel2up”
3: “100dollars for a yoyo?”
4: “Bro Do the DNA”- its annoying cuz they see tiktok and ask us to do it if we fail they laugh:(
Write What is Most annoying for you while yoyoing.

7 Likes

—when you drop the gt and get an axle knot
—when you playing Yoyo real hard and start sweating
—when you land a trick 5 times in a row then turn on the camera and can’t land it anymore
—when people call it tornado bind instead of dna( lol y’all ain’t wrong but still, it’s dna now sry)
—when people can’t tell the Yoyo is spinning( this is cute and funny to me also lol)
—when you go out and have time to kill but you forgot your Yoyo at home
—when people think performance focused yo-yos are just for competition or performing meta tricks like over powered yo-yos are just fun
—when you go out and have time to kill, so you start yoyoing but then drop the gt and you forgot a tool to pick out the axle knot

8 Likes

Relatable😂

1 Like
  1. removing c clips
  2. waiting for a yoyo to ship to Canada
  3. over lubing bearings
9 Likes

Cutting a string to what I think is the perfect length. First test throw…it’s too long. Cut a tiny bit off. First test throw…it’s now uncomfortably short.

12 Likes

Yeah, this might be my least favorite part of yoyo maintenance. Especially when the “safety” pin jumps out of the bearing and directly into the tip of my finger.

8 Likes

Oh man not to get off topic but I consider myself a master of the bearing shields and c clips. If anyone needs any advice on how take them off/put them back on easier I got you

6 Likes

I never put the shields back on. I have a small collection of c clips and shields I never intended to reinstall.

4 Likes

My sister in law rolling her eyes and calling me embarrassing when I pull out the yoyo is pretty high on my list here.

Knots especially square knots you don’t realize till an accidental bind into your knuckles occurres.

That annoying c clip on that one bearing that just refuses to come out.

When your hands, back, feet, etc refuse to cooperate and instead ache ending the session a tad early.

5 Likes

I do and I don’t. Every bearing is different but sometimes the shields make the bearing a little quieter for me, or with like a OD flat bearing that tends to get crunchy with dirt in it all the time

1 Like

When you put on a fresh string, throw and bind it once… and there’s an axel knot.

6 Likes

Practicing on the sidewalk and someone asks you to walk the dog

7 Likes

FS posts that have more than a few, several at most bumps. Get a new selling strategy!

2 Likes

The “dna” is essentially the new walk the dog. I also find the name “dna” super annoying. It’s a helix. Why not call it a helix trick or maybe the Tornado or something?

That micro twist of string that’s on the bearing. Get that with new strings that are wound nice and tight. Super annoying to try to get it to sit flat on the bearing and not ripple up the string.

6 Likes

Seriously, @Captrogers? That’s just mean and condescending. I can appreciate that yoyo isn’t socially acceptable in a broad sense and people may look at you funny the first time, but after that … respect people’s hobbies and the passion they have for them.

5 Likes

This.

C clips were a big one for me for a long time. I actually used to just jam an awl into the edge of the shield and pry them out to bypass the c-clip dilemma. I wouldn’t recommend it, although I never actually ruined a bearing doing that. I can get the clips pretty easily now though.

What about when you drop a magic knot but it doesn’t pull out like it should. Then you do the super confident hulk pull but it just pulls it impossibly tight?

4 Likes
  1. Bearing maintenance. I love bearings, but ■■■■ bearings. I love spending 5 minutes popping out a C clip, only for it to fly across the room and turn invisible on the floor, making me spend 10 more minutes looking for it. Then I overlube the bearing, have to clean it again, and repeat the process.

2. DNA. I love that kids are interested in yoyos because of Tiktok (might be the only good thing the app has ever done for the world) but none of the yoyos I carry are good for fingerspins. Dammit man, just let me do my flow combo in peace.

3. When you land a trick consistently and cleanly for hours in practice, and then try to show it to friends/family and embarrass yourself. Somehow I can’t even land Eli Hops when my friends are watching lol

7 Likes

Sweaty hands.

4 Likes

Do the DNA!
DNA aftermath (horrible string tension)

Waiting for the day somebody tells me that it’s not a real DNA because I’m not landing a finger spin first (instead, I’m doing Matador style with pull starts or grabbing the spikes during a grind. Most of my daily throws have spikes on them)

3 Likes