The yoyo brand SPYY is closed??

Youā€™re a little lateā€¦

wow, I got lucky to pick up a punchline about a month ago. I still want an el ranchero , but I lack the funds.

oopsā€¦

lol at all the people saying they loved SPYY but never owned any of their yoyos. You guys realize a company has to sell their product to stay in business right? If you liked them as much as you say you do you would have bought their yoyos. I think SPYY suffered from a huge discrepancy in how much people appeared to like their products and how many people actually liked them enough to buy them. Time and time again people list them as the most underrated company when those threads come around, yet every new release seemed to sit stagnant in the shop while CLYW and the hypebeast companies sold out again and again.

6 Likes

Amen to that

I have a couple of SPYYs, and tried a few more, and I have to say, they make some pretty amazing yoyos. Theyā€™re easily in my top 3 favorite companies. Their yoyos are smooth, stable, and in my opinion, are easily able to rival CLYW. The Addiction is one of my top players, and the Speed Freak is just insane.

Oh well. It was probably a big hit for all the SPYY fans. I wonder where Sebastian Brock will go. Heā€™s one of my favorite players and I love the Bassalope. Any chance he might go back to clyw?

Saw the news in my FB feed. Just thought Iā€™d stop in to say it saddens me that SPYY is closing up shop. :frowning:

I really wanted to be sponsored by them :-\ I was thinking about selling off some of my SPYY collection, but after hearing this news I wonā€™t be getting rid of any of them.

Itā€™ll be really strange seeing those SPYY players in any other team other than SPYY.

Iā€™m really sorry to see this. Good company, good yoyos.

Sad news!

What if they sold the business? Maybe someone like CLYW or Onedrop could take over?

Thatā€™s not exactly how yo-yo companies work.

2 Likes

Sad to see them go! I loved the pure and punchline a bunch.

This is a real bummer. Thanks for all the awesome yoyos over the years, Steve.

have you tried the amplifier!? This thing might look meh but it plays like a monster, great spin times, nice grinds, smooth spinning, and much more

Iā€™ve said they were underrated for a while AND bought many of their throws. This is a terrible thing, imo. Every. Single. One. Iā€™ve had the pleasure of owning was surprisingly good. I would put their hit rate for great designs right up there with One Drop. Always smooth, always felt right.

ā€¦but I could also always tell that they never had the hype they should have. Shame. Iā€™d definitely encourage any SPYY newbs to pick one up while theyā€™re still available. Theyā€™re great.

Big SPYY fan here, too. :frowning: I actually thought they had some great ano. The Amplifier ano was subtle yet unconventional, and I thought it looked fantastic. The Dynamo had some good colourways as well, plus those wonderful engravings!

If ano choice is what hurt SPYY, itā€™s because people out there have no taste. :wink:

I loved the acid washes that SPYY would do. They all looked so cool.

Well Iā€™m bummed SPYY is closing up shop and Iā€™ll miss seeing the signature SPYY spike on new yoyo models. Best of luck to 'em.

My most recent yoyo purchase is bittersweet, an El Ranchero that arrived this past Thursday. Itā€™s a killer throw and Iā€™ll cherish it all the more.