The World Yo-Yo Contest 2015 Mega-Thread

damn no love for Mimi! ???

i just had a realization.

what if rei iwakura doesnt land a flawless routine on the flawless? :o :o :o :o

srsly tho, im super exited for this.

im also DEFINATELY rooting for ky zizan and nehemiah peterson ;D

I think he was about 1.5 points off, so the restart takes away 1 point right there, then takes away the points he would have gotten and takes away probably enough in the other categories to make it a 2 point difference.

So yeah, unless one practiced way more than the other Takeshi and Gentry is gonna be the matchup in my eyes.

Then he still wins as long as his mess-up is not too bad.

I thought it was more like 2.5 points.

1 Like

Women: I want Mimi, but Tessa will probably win.

Best Dressed: The eye in the pyramid.

Edit: Ninjaaaaaa! ^

Hey man I gave her lovage in my OP!

1A: Takeshi Maatsuura. 1st for JN15, 1st for worlds.

2A: Takuma Yamamoto. Most consistent 2A player along with Shinji Saito. But at this moment heā€™s just slightly better.

3A: Tomoya Kurita. Suprised no one picked him yet. Completely dominated JN15 3A.

4A: Rei Iwakura. Heā€™ll continue winning until someone figures out how to beat him in TEx.

5A: Takuma Inoue. The only person whose beaten Takeshi in 5A since Takeshi won worlds.

I donā€™t think he was clicked for the regen he was trying to do so he would have won if hit it.

I really donā€™t know who will win worlds for division. I really donā€™t have any top contenders in my opinion of who will win. As long as someone wins is fine by me :wink:

1A: Jakub could take it, or Iori, or Janos if he goes clean, or Gentryā€¦ Takeshi would be GREAT. I want to see Ahmad as well and many more. I love how more competitors from Asia will be able to compete since it isnā€™t as expensive to go to Japan as to the US or Europe.

2A: Shinji hasnā€™t competed at Worlds since 2011. Pretty excited getting to see who will come out on top between him, Takuma, and Shu. Hiraku Fujii and a ton of others are competing as well. For all we know there could be a surprise amongst the 50+ other players. 2A isnā€™t dead. Itā€™s great. Is Ginji Miura competing? Probably.

3A: Hajime could be saving up tricks for Worlds that we havenā€™t seen yet. He could take it. PatBorg and Tomoya Kurita are two other routines I REALLY want to see as well.

4A: If Rei wins, heā€™ll be the FIRST 4A World Champion to win back-to-back. That would be great. But Michael Nakamura, Tsubasa Onishi, and Naoto Okada are some I want to see as well. Naoto Onishi isnā€™t bad either. I would LOVE seeing Lim Aik Hwee somehow make it to finals though but I donā€™t think heā€™s competing, idk.

5A: Takeshi Matsuura could win it again. No surprise there. Does anyone know if Takuma Inoue is competing though? He could steal it for all we know.

Womenā€™s: Tessa will probably take it. But I want to see Mimi and a few others as well.

Best Dressed: Hiroyuki obviously. That photo earlier is obviously da best.

OTHER PEOPLE: Shingo ā€œTerryā€ Terada (5A), Takumi Nagase (2A), Makoto Numagami (5A), and TONS of other legends in their own right like Chris Makita (1A) are competing as well. Even though they probably wonā€™t make it to finals I would still LOVE to see their other routines. And Iā€™m biased since Iā€™m Filipino but I want to see Reymark Zavalla (1A) and others like Kyle Capiral (2A) as well. I donā€™t think Bryan Jardin (5A) and Sean Perez (4A) are competing though. :frowning:

NEW YOYOS BRAH: There are about 8 new YYRs at Worlds including a Ti throw, sOMEThING is dropping TWO Ti throws at Worlds, C3 joins the 2A game and adds to the budget metal game. Other companies are probably dropping more as well at Worlds. The YYF x YYE Worlds Mystery Box is a thing. Probably an unreleased throw there.

There are probably TONS of other things as well that Iā€™m missing here since there is simply too much for me to type. So yeah.

People are gonna hate for me but itā€™s almost a certain that no American player in 1A though 5A is gonna walk out of worlds winning

1 Like

Possible. Hasnā€™t happened too recently, but 2a, 3a, and 5a are almost definite nos and 1a and 4a are up in the air.

Am I the only one that really disliked Gentrys routine last year? Seemed incredibly bland to me. I really liked Hiroyukiā€™s routine, and Iā€™ll be rooting for him this year. And I always love Andrew Maiders routines so he is another favorite.

2 Likes

You are not the only to me it was just blah while the tricks were good the whole routine was just blah to me

These are the tricks that scores well, not the one that are made to look as good as possible. If you know a little about scoring you can try clicking it out yourself and compare with the others, he was basically milking points there.
I like his freestyle however, it has certain accent that says ā€œGentryā€ in it, a lot better than watching copies.

1A: Takeshi, Iori, Hiroyuki, Ahmad, Zach, Ky, Paul, Gentry, and maybe Janos could take it. Iā€™m betting on Takeshi though.

2A: Shinji, Shu, or Takuma. Letā€™s go Shinji!

3A: Hajime Miura!

4A: Definitely Rei. I hope he goes flawless.

5A: Takeshi, but heā€™s in serious trouble if Takuma Inoue competes.

I wanna go to worlds

1 Like

Ah you never know. Zach won 44clash, and thatā€™s a Japanese event.

Still, the homefield advantage is strong. I think itā€™s cool though, having Worlds in a different place gives people who wouldnā€™t normally be able to travel all the way to the USA a chance. Heck, for all we know some relatively-unknown Japanese teen could end up winning Worlds. Itā€™s a great chance for some of these up-and-coming Eastern players to get their names out there. :slight_smile:

I was very close to going to Worlds but in the end decided not to for various reasons. However, after getting Instagram and seeing all these pictures that are coming flooding inā€¦ Iā€™ll admit, itā€™s tough not being there. Everyone is having so much fun. :-X

I wish I could go to worlds. Maybe itā€™ll be in North or South America soon. Tokyo looks epic!

Worlds 2016 will be USA based. Itā€™s currently on a 3 year cycle of Europe, Asia, Americas