The Ti-Vayder Experience

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

4 Likes

No reason to worry yet really.

I actually hope we can work this out. I’ve been atoning for years now. I do charity work on a nearly monthly basis and still really can’t shake what I did and how I handled myself when called out on my mistakes.

I really hope this can help with that and give the community something they clearly want.

I just really don’t think it was handled correctly at all.

18 Likes

I needs me some of this.

1 Like

Huge fan of your work sir. How do you believe it should have been handled? Genuine question, I’d like to know your thoughts.

2 Likes

This feels… incredibly wrong? Heath had a very poor exit out of the community a few years back, but I don’t think that merits making a bootleg/direct copy of one of his yoyos without his direct permission.

Let’s consider if Chris Mikulin had left the community (without any sort of negative incidents/reasons) and there was still a LARGE demand for the original CLYW Peak. Would the community still be as accepting of a 3rd party making his original design without his okay?

I’m glad to see Heath back in order to consent to ANY of this happening, but I agree with Heath in that wasn’t handled well at all. Heath of course isn’t perfect, none of us are… But I really do think he
and his legacy deserve to be treated better than this, and I honestly hope all parties involved can find a solution that works for everyone.

4 Likes

Well, I probably should have been reached and had given a response prior to going through this extent of effort to directly copy my design.

But, I am in discussion with everyone about it now, and hopefully will make heads or tails of this.

I don’t expect anyone to believe me, but I do genuinely love this community. It would be excellent to return someday.

17 Likes

Please do man, you’re all good in my book.

4 Likes

Just a couple things to bear in mind here

• nobody’s starting a yo-yo company from this, there is zero intent to launch a “brand”

• this has never been a profit play, the whole idea is to get a legendary unobtainable yo-yo in the hands of lots of yo-yoers at near cost

• any extra proceeds above cost were always going to go to a charity, per my earlier replies

It’s awesome that @HVizier is here and we can hash out the details… if you know me, you know I am a fan of this Grace Hopper quote

If it’s a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

I am in no way trying to take advantage of anyone at any time, but I do like to GIT R DUN :wink:

29 Likes

More importantly, does this mean that I am a Sith?

15 Likes

Count me 100% in on this. @codinghorror clearly cares about the yoyo community. He says has been trying to reach @HVizier, I have every reason to believe him. If Heath wants to regain good will in the community, then I think helping make this happen would go a long way. Now that they are talking I really hope things can be worked out!

And as far as any modernized reproduction TiWalker hurting the value of the OG, that runs counter to my experience. Does the fact that corvettes are still being made hurt the value of the first run vehicle? Do I buy a limited first printing of a book, thinking there will never be another printing? Do new vinyl reissues of Beatles albums hurt the value of the originals? In every case I think the opposite happens, more collectors get in the game by trying whatever they can for reasonable cost, getting bitten by the bug and then searching out the super expensive originals.

13 Likes

Probably not, but you have more claim than anyone to this…

14 Likes

Damn that was so well timed…

I can’t believe I didn’t see it coming.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m just really good at naming things :blush:

5 Likes

Exactly. If anything this would only potentially help collectors and owners of OG Ti Walkers.

This was never about that end to me. This is about reopening a portion of myself again. Even if it were done without me (which would be rather BS), it’s my primary positive legacy in this community.

With that said, I’m confident everyone will get what they want out of this.

18 Likes

Count me in! You da Man Code! Da man of Means!

3 Likes

Well I must say I’d probabky trade my first born for that grey :man_shrugging:t4: I’ll be following this! I say SEND IT

5 Likes

I have my doubts that things are going to go exactly as planned now.

3 Likes

Count me in for the Bootleg, Hey HVizier, why not just make another run of actual Ti Walkers, sure you would HAVE PLENTY OF BACKERS!!!

3 Likes

Why now just get the CAD out and make some ACTUAL TI Walkers??

3 Likes

Is there going to be a booth at any contests (specifically WYYC 2019) for this @codinghorror?

5 Likes