VsNYYC Ti-Walker

I’ve heard a lot about the Ti-Walker over the years and was just curious, for those that have thrown one, what made it so special/great? And how does it stack up to your favorite throws of today?

4 Likes

Here’s an old review post that was resurrected with some further commentary: VsNYYC Ti-Walker: A High Speed YoYo Review

3 Likes

Ti-walker is great but I would rather some some money and get a d runner or tivayder

I have a Vayder, which is practically identical to the Walker. In my opinion, the hype over the Walker had a few contributing factors:

1. The concept - yayy, Star Wars
  2. Rarity - the yoyo market is like any other niche market in this regard
  3. Design - from what I have read, it was claimed that for its time it had a nice (some say magical) over-all balance of size, shape, weight and weight distribution.

I personally wouldn’t call the Vayder “magical”, but compared to the many other yoyos I’ve tried over the years, I definitely think that the Vayder hits a sweet spot in design too - just an all around decent titanium yoyo.

6 Likes

I’d skip looking for a walker, unless you’re collecting. The Vader is basically the same yo-yo and much cheaper!

With that said, the Vader is an awesome yo-yo. It’s Ti, floaty and feels good in your hand, even with the V shape. For me, it’s the perfect sized yo-yo. I love The Vader, and I’m actually looking for another. I only get multiples of yoyos I really Like.

3 Likes

Not actually looking, just wondering about the hype. Will make sure to check out the Vader, though!

The Ti-Walker was a super high-performance yo-yo for its time. When it came out; there was nothing else like it. It was an epiphany.

I own both. In my opinion; the Vayder is not as good as the Ti-Walker. The Vayder is heavier and does not have the same float and performance as the Ti-Walker. The Vayder, however, is a fine yo-yo in its own right. Probably the best value in Titanium.

I would, agree that unless you are a collector, you are better off finding something less rare; like a Vayder, or a YYF Ti-Dream. For the best, you can move up to a C3 Ti-Krown or TP Mustang. All are great examples of high-performance, modern Ti-design.

Cheers.

3 Likes

I don’t have a Ti-walker but I do have a Vayder.

I think “Ti-fighter” would have been a better name actually.

To add my opinion of the Ti-Vayder: It’s quick and nimble while still being stable and powerful especially for it’s mass (63.75g). The slightly rounded V profile is really ergonomic and easy to grip. It’s the combination of everything that make’s it so good. I have yoyos that are more powerful than the Vayder but not are not as easy to handle; or have more float but not as stable; or more stable but not as light and nimble on the string. It does everything and everything well.

Throws’and Brews has a review on the Vayder. Going off of that, when they made the Vayder, they updated updated the Walker design and changed the the gap width and added standard pads. There may be some other subtle tweaks that account for the performance drop that YoyoGeezer commented on but the Vayder is still pretty darn good. Probably the most important change from the Walker to the Vayder was the sheer number that were made during the production run. They made 500 of them! Odds are you will see one or two more on ebay or the BST. If you have an opportunity to get one, it’s definitely worth getting.

3 Likes