FS/FT VsNYYC Ti Walker W: cash, dazzler

Hello,

I have this ti walker that I’m looking to trade or sell. I love it but I have a Ti Vayder already so I don’t really need it

Things I like:
Old 888s
Titanium (Dazzler would be awesome)
Old splash CLYW
Cash
Antiyo

Thanks!

Thanks!

7 Likes

What do these normally go for?

3 Likes

@d4nnyb0yy

2 Likes

I got some 888’s a ti888 and an Anglam Zero CC. If you’re interested.

2 Likes

Your guess is as good as mine, I haven’t seen one sold for a while

3 Likes

Last one I saw go went for 280$ if I remember right…started going down after the ti-vayder made the rounds.

1 Like

I sold a custom anodized one a month after the Ti-Vayder came out for $450… people will still pay for the original.

3 Likes

Exactly my point…1 month after its release and now it been how long a year and a half give or take…it’s not worth 450 anymore…250-300 is fair if it’s in good condition. Maybe 350 for NMTBS.

what did you get for offers in the first 30 seconds you posted it in the wild… then add $100-$150…

8 Likes

Bump

Bump

This evaluation of “worth” entirely ignores the rarity and collectability of an OG Ti-walker vs Vayder. A replica being made doesn’t change the fact that there are incredibly few of these out there. IMO for a VsNYYC collector the price of 450- 500 is not far off the mark.

2 Likes

I agree with what you said with one small but realistic caveat >

I am not a Collector. So personally I don’t care about the rarity based value/worth of the Ti Walker.

When I bought my first one, I bought it from a guy that didn’t hold any real special value to it. I didn’t buy one back when they were originally released. I just wanted to see how it played(for me).

When I got the second TiWalker. I bought it from a guy that needed the money more than the yoyo. I honestly can’t recall what I paid for it? But I do remember I paid him what he was asking because: he needed the money and I had the money. I Never leverage people(lowball) when they are under pressure. I just don’t operate like that.

I am in no way talking trash about the Ti Walker. It is a very good mono Ti yoyo. I feel it was ahead of its time. And I make no value(+ or -) judgement on the yoyo because Heath ran into some legal misstep type of trouble… way back when.

I have dozens of yoyos that for me, run circles around Ti Walkers.

I very seldom even throw #21

But when I do. I always Smile.

Because even though it’s not the best… there is still nothing quite like it.

It just has a certain presence unlike anything else I have.

Yup… hey, I think I will take it to work today🙀

10 Likes

Good luck…and you’re evaluation only applies to collectors…in which case they probably want it mint…450+ I laughable unless it’s MIB…I don’t agree with that. The amount there are doesn’t mean it’s worth a lot either. Worth is what it is worth to an individual, I have a 30$ throw I consider priceless. All in all it depends on what a person would pay for it, but haven’t seen one go for the price your throwing out there in a while and I think your way off.

1 Like

Those who think they have played a Ti-Walker because they threw a Ti-Vayder; are mistaken. While the Ti-Vayder is a fine yo-yo, it lacks the float of the original. The Ti-Vayder feels much heavier, has almost no float and spins out way too easily. It is a great example of how just copying something does not make it equivalent to the original.

I would be interested in hearing the opinions from others that own both like I do.

3 Likes

I remember Heath saying it was basically the same throw just with an upgraded response.

2 Likes

You’re the man…:you have Stimpy as your pic.

1 Like

I’d be interested in someone doing a blind test. Or just a test where they didn’t know which one they were throwing.

2 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Blind tests for yoyo reviews? Pfft… That’s crazy talk! I don’t want objectivity in my yoyo reviews. What I want is meaningless, worn out, cliches like it’s “powerful”, “smooth”, “accurate”, “light on the string.” Are the binds “snappy”? CAn iT hANdLE whaTEver i cAn THrOW At it?!? :thinking:

And for pete’s sake, never tell me what string you use in the review – string has absolutely no effect on how a yoyo plays or is perceived to play. I assume we’re all using StringKitty Fat anyway so the point is moot.

A good yoyo review should be like an accurate description of the sound of the color orange. Meaning, I need to be able to comprehend all the words you used, but by the end be no closer to understanding the concept than when I started. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

you used objective and yoyo in the same sentence, i’m surprised you weren’t immediately brutalized and condescended to an underpriced pulp… may the yo protect your independent thought.

2 Likes