The Ti-Vayder Experience

29 posts were split to a new topic: Vs. Newton Charity Issues (2019)

Love the colors, I’m definitely in.

2 Likes

Since I’ll be limited to two, I’m pretty set on getting one raw and one black. I am intrigued by the fact that gray got the most votes. What is so appealing about gray?

5 Likes

From pics I’ve seen the gray looks similar to AMS, which does look pretty cool no doubt.

Other than that I really don’t know either.

2 Likes

Yeah I swore black would get the most votes. I was wrong! Glad I did the poll so we could allocate manufacturing appropriately because if I had guessed, we’d be short many grey!

2 Likes

Hey, can titanium be powder coated? A TiVayder in “Stormtrooper White” would be hella cool. :metal:

6 Likes

That would be awesome! Powder coating is likely to introduce vibe though, I’ve never seen that not mentioned on any powder coated yo-yo…

4 Likes

Just noting this is now officially a collaboration project, not a formal VsN release. I’ve updated the first post to that effect.

6 Likes

a bit late to this, but what’s the price and release date

Somewhere between 125-200,sometime in May.

2 Likes

To further support the charity, premium numbers might cost more? Like the first number in each color group?

As an example, one might pay more for #1, vs #random

Maybe it’s an open bidding process via eBay vs. first come first serviced?

Just an idea.

4 Likes

Nah, I’d rather just have a fixed price everyone pays. Too complicated otherwise.

And to be clear I cannot guarantee numbers can be reserved. I’ll do my best, but I am not promising that will happen 100%.

We’re not doing number reservations.

11 Likes

I don’t get the weird significance people attach to numbers. They are such an odd thing to get sentimental over.

5 Likes

Now I like the sound of that!

1 Like

Ricochet was 500
Each color.

4 Likes

Aw nice so, 500 × 2 then? I don’t know how many colors of Ricochet there were, looks like two? Released in 2013 it looks like.

I actually asked if we should do 1,000 but I had enough people tell me I was crazy bonker squirrel nuts for doing “only” 500…

6 Likes

I’m in, interesting read so far

4 Likes

Is the raw yoyo going to be brushed? If not, what’s the finish on it?

1 Like

Honestly I’m not sure what to call it – typical for titanium, as pictured? Does “raw” usually mean “brushed”?

5 Likes

Raw normally means right off the lathe into the package.

3 Likes