The Ti-Vayder Experience

Raw means no finish on the metal. You could take the raw yoyo off the lathe and have it engraved with a number for example and that’d still be a “raw” yoyo. You could have a blasted raw yoyo as well. The blast won’t last without anodization though.

4 Likes

Ohhh I see. I thought maybe it would be brushed to be better for grinds cos the G2 Ti Hawk had such a thing. I was thinking it could be polished as well to make it look real shiny so yea. Thinking of half swapping the black one with another colour but I didn’t want the grinds to be weird cos like if one half wasn’t good for grinds and the other was (the black one), then it would grind really weirdly. Just trying to decide between getting a black and a raw one (better colour contrast -> looks better) or a grey and a raw one (better grinding and playability I assume - also the one I reserved).

2 Likes

Hate to, but I see a lot of people trying to buy 2. Doesn’t that kinda defeat the bigger purpose of the project? To put this so called “best yoyo ever” Into the hands that can’t obtain? Because so many people “sit” on them. Aka the people buying 2 or more?

Sorry to be that guy but I personally think it should be limited 1 per person. :man_shrugging:t4: Collectors can collect the original, I want to make sure I get one to play the sh*t out of.

But this isn’t my project and as long as I get 1 grey I’ll have a sick birthday in May :ok_hand:t3:

9 Likes

^ I agree with @Yardist on this one, seems counter-intuitive to the initial rhetoric of the project - alas I do not really care that much at the end of the day but I believe he is right

3 Likes

Multiple very experienced people in the industry (that you’ve definitely heard of) have told me point blank there’s “no way” we will sell 500 of these. They think we’re literally crazy.

I’m not sure you and @yardist are thinking the same way these experienced people are.

9 Likes

only time will tell! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not to mention even at 2 per person that is still nearly 3x the amount originally released, and that’s assuming EVERYONE gets 2.

2 Likes

Yeah but how many of those people have had the balls to do what you’re doing? And recreating what’s known to be the best.

I mean, for me I don’t really care how you handle it all as long as I get to hand you my share in return for a grey, I’m happy. I was justing making sure you saw that (possible tiny flaw?) either way I’m sure it will all work out well.

1 Like

Oh. I also kinda somewhat a little bit fear the scalpers mark up that some will put on these. I think I’ve seen a few people having issues trying to obtain a ti cadence (I know it was a preorder, sometimes people don’t have the money on pre order day, and that happens) but then someone who was a little better off bought like 5 and now is trying to make a bill on each one. Thats kinda unfair and that’s out of your control really, but limiting 1 per person will make sure people aren’t making direct money off of your hard work. Cause really, who is going to sell off their only ti Vayder?

I guess other people’s business practice (not yours code) isn’t really my business (pun intended)

2 Likes

@codinghorror and @HVizier decided on limiting everyone to 2 yo-yos which I think is more reasonable. Maybe one for playing and sparking and one for looking nice. Always nice to have one mint one on the shelf for pictures and stuff. Plus the option to half swap. Also 500 is a lot of yo-yos and I don’t think every single one of them will go out if everyone is limited to one, considering how expensive titanium is

4 Likes

Or I think what your missing is the one for playing/keeping and then one to save to sell when these are no longer on shelves.

There are tons of people from the yoyo community that don’t use this forum, thus some don’t even know about this project. So once this does come to fruition and everyone is posting on their preferred social media network, someone on fb might not get one. Then they are stuck trying to pry a secondary from someone else and most likely having to pay way more than one should.

Idk man. I’m not trying to make anyone mad. I just hate seeing scalpers on a project so important to everyone. (Everyone is debatable on this project)

1 Like

There are definitely those people. I am not a collector and really don’t sell anything. That being said, I would love to have one of each color. If there was one color that’s all I would want, just one. My preference is the Grey. This is probably the only one I would want in each color. All my other yoyos are just one color, except for the Parlay, I have red and a nickel.

5 Likes

I think you are going to see a lot of people who claimed they are going to buy one not actually buy one. Id be surprised if this yoyo is sold for less than $180, and I can’t imagine 500 of them disappearing off of the shelves immediately. Not very many people will buy two, but the people who do may eventually put them in the hands of someone who missed the original sale. I don’t see a problem with people being able to buy 2.

4 Likes

If you’re that concerned I guess 500 isn’t enough, @codinghorror should’ve made it 1000 :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I think the concerns about people buying 2 are totally unfounded. There are products in the market today that are produced in quantities WAY less than 500 (I’m talking like 50 or so) that sell out immediately and don’t see crazy markups. I think people are WAY overestimating the hype. The Ti Walker is legendary but only to a subset of yoyo players who happen to know about the history and its existence. Even look at the number reservation - there were SO MANY spots left. If people were concerned about availability they would have flooded that page and you would have seen a significant number of those reserved through number choice.

Like I’m a person who wants to make sure to get one, so I made sure to sign up on that list. You can assume others in my position did the same. I’d be concerned about letting people buy two if that list had filled up with 250 people immediately wanting to reserve a spot. I didn’t look at the list to gauge numbers but just from memory I’m guessing you didn’t have more than 50 people sign up for numbers.

I think 500 is plenty and if I was a betting man would say that anyone who wants one of these and has the money to get it at the price they are released at will be able to own one. I think that will be true both at release and 5 years down the road on the BST. 500 units in this community seems like a lot!

9 Likes

Oh man, see, I wasn’t trying to push anyone’s buttons, just trying to help think of every aspect.

Eternalmetal you have a very good point. A lot of people who want one now might now be able to get one come the time to pay. So I stand corrected.

3 Likes

Wow reading all that thread took a while phew

I remember drooling over the Walker first time round back in 2013 i can not wait for this. Plus what a crew to have working on it! Hopefully this project can also can go some steps to rebuilding bridges that have been broken in the past!! :slight_smile:

Great to see this project is about giving people the opportunity to own this piece of yoyoing history and its great to see the purple yoyo charity is going to also benefit from it:D

Hopefully when this goes live it will be at a EU friendly time and im glad its two yoyos per person. Personally im deffo aiming for a raw and to bag a lucky number if poss cos im a soppy sentimental fool lol

Maybe relax the two per person towards the end of the run of sales slow down! Tbh I would imagine they will all go real quick! Especially if you plaster info about this yoyo all over the internet.

@codinghorror When and where is the website expected to be put up to sell these throws on?

cheers Chris

8 Likes

I’m not sure what this means…

2 Likes

His time travel watch simply needs recalibration.

5 Likes

time travel?! i think the original TI-walker out in 2011 ish? But i didnt see pics of it till 2013 or so. I didnt mean the Ti-Vayder!! you knew what i meant your just being pedantic :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw dya fancy making a flying hut revival yoyo after this haha

1 Like