The symbol of American yoyoing?

Yoyojam

Duncan

Duncan is definitely what comes to my mind, even if it’s mostly made in China.

basepi

1 Like

I’d say to be a “symbol” it should be very well known and recognized (presence/sales/history), run by Americans, who also make some yo-yos in America. So, I’m going to say Duncan, based on what I’ve read. Most people I know (inside or outside the U.S.), who can name an American yo-yo company, would say “Duncan.”

Yoyojam, a close second. Just my opinion. But, what actually is the symbol to most others, and what I prefer or wish to be the symbol, might be two different things. :smiley:

…One Drop is manufactured in the US.

I’d say either OD, General Yo, or YYJ

I think you guys are misunderstanding what he meant. He meant to say “One drop,” as in response to the original thread question, and then to add that YYF is made in China. Hence the use of is instead of are.

Duncan was the first thing that came to mind, but after thinking about it some more, I’ve got to go with General Yo.  Ernie is a chopper riding, hard rocking, independent businessman; very much the type of rugged individualist that the country was built on.  Seems intelligent and friendly, but also tough and macho.  The guy is super American.

I mean, just watch this:

My thoughts, exactly. Ernie is America.

I can already feel the freedom flowing through my body.

1 Like

^

I’m already clapping and tipping myself.

Hamburger music just started playing.

Duncan and YYJ

yes thanks that is what I meant. I forgot to add a comma so I see where people got confused, but yes I was acknowledging the fact that one drop is my choice, and that YYF is manufactured in China.

The Hamburger Yoyo.

Is that an actual yoyo? if so we need pictures lol

Most of the big American companies manufacture mostly in China, except maybe YoyoJam.

Some of the smaller ones manufacture in the US like RecRev and GeneralYo.

So does OneDrop and they are probably the overall best of these companies. Manufactured right in Eugene, Oregon…I miss that place, so nice to live there :frowning:

But yeah I say for yoyo enthusiasts OneDrop. For the general public it would be Duncan obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkLSClqqwoA

1 Like

hahaha