The Shop improvement....

A couple of things that I wish this site would add/modify in regards to it’s Shop:

First and foremost is the companies/manufacturers that have a spot on the site. There’s really only like 5 brands for yoyos that we have. I was hoping we could get some more manufacturers here (eg. One Drop, Oxygené, BBYY, Alchemy, etc.) to make it easier to see all the kinds of throws that are out there.
On that note, the same goes for yoyo strings. We really only have one kind. Why not introduce other brands as well (for example: yoyoGstring, Angel hair, Brazilian string, YYN highlights [although I think that’s the kind we have…] etc.).

Lastly, the cost of the shipping is a little ridiculous. I understand that high priority shipping can cost up to $19.00, but my issue is that there isn’t an option for a slower and cheaper mail service (snail mail or express mail for example) to those that don’t need their order quickly. The two examples just given (express and snail mail), I have seen for $3.00 - $6.50 max.

One of the main reasons for this whole “wish list”, if you will, is because I’m tired of buying a couple of things from a bunch of different sites and paying shipping costs on all of them.

In a perfect world, I would hope to see this site as the number one place to buy everything yoyo related. We would have every yoyo brand possible, as well as the greatest selection of accessories as possible (this includes yoyo string).

Just something to consider. Hope to hear some feedback. :slight_smile:

Well, some of those other companies have said they really only want to sell things from their site (OneDrop) and more companies isn’t really needed, but I do agree that it would be wonderful.

If you do want to get cheaper shipping, you can email André and he has said he can give you cheaper shipping.

I agree. I would love to buy everything from this site. Forum=awesome. Shop run by forum=good.

1 Like

Yeah thats true about the other companies, still, I think we can try and see how many we can collaborate. ;D

Thanks for the tip about shipping by the way. I never need anything that quickly for a high priority order. :slight_smile:

I normaly have two options when I buy stuff…

One shipping which is like 18.50 or somthing like that then I have the slower $5.00 shipping…

It would be nice to get some other companys though

I’m sure André is trying to get more companies. You probably don’t see the ones André was able to get.

[quote=“Kim-Lan,post:2,topic:2891”]
Here is what André said on previous posts on this subject:

OK, I know that CLYW and One Drop have not opened their services, but some other websites have LOADS of brands. I mean, I don’t buy much from online shops, but I’m just saying that there are obviously a lot of brands that have an open market that we don’t have here. BUT, there must be a reason that Ándre has not gotten more companies. We’re just not completely sure, and he obviously doesn’t want to go through explaining why he hasn’t been selling from EVERY company, as there are probably different reasons for each one.

1 Like

Lastly, the cost of the shipping is a little ridiculous. I understand that high priority shipping can cost up to $19.00, but my issue is that there isn’t an option for a slower and cheaper mail service (snail mail or express mail for example) to those that don’t need their order quickly. The two examples just given (express and snail mail), I have seen for $3.00 - $6.50 max.

(dark choas)
[/quote]
I aready emailed andre with this problem, if i have a reply, i will post

In order to show a profit YoYoExpert would have to buy all of those yoyos in sufficient quantities. There’s a lot of risk involved knowing that if a company’s yoyos don’t sell or don’t sell enough YYE is stuck with a product they can’t move. It’s understandable why YYE would want to only sell well-known and well established brands that are pretty much guaranteed to sell. Not to mention boutique manufacturers like CLYW are probably more difficult to enter in to profitable agreements with due to their smaller quantities of production.

For that over priced shipping cost, where do you live in Canada? Going through customs adds charges too for the mail service.

This is what Andre said :-[

“Hi Helio,
We only offer reliable methods at this time which is Priority Mail and Express Mail.
Standard USPS Air Mail International often gets lost through customs or lost in general and we do not want to take the chance as many packages were lost when we did offer this service. We are upgrading our shopping cart soon and for less expensive yo-yos we may offer ‘snail mail’ as an option - however right now we do not want to take the chance on losing $100 yo-yos, etc. Sorry and hope you can understand.”
:frowning:

1 Like

[quote=“SR1,post:6,topic:5622”]

Try to look at this from a business sense. It’s very true that sites like yoyonation and yoyoguy carry quite a few different brands of yo-yos, but they have the sheer size to do so.

Relatively, YYE is small when compared to those names. This creates a situation in which every yo-yo that is sold needs to turn at least a small profit after all overhead costs are considered. YYN in particular is big enough that it can afford to simply “break even” on some yo-yos that it sells so that it can appear more appealing to the general public. Companies like 1Drop make way more money selling their yo-yos directly from their site, and I imagine that the end cost is the reason they could not come to an agreement with YYE.

I think that Andre is truly committed to bringing the most dedicated and customer friendly yo-yos here to YYE. If and when it’s possible, it will happen.

I feel there’s enough brands on this site. And YYE is constantly expanding. When I came here, HSpin and SPYY was not an option, now they are, which I am really pleased about. I have actually gone to another store just because of the shipping, but flat rate saves like 13 dollars, and I would gladly give that amount to this site.

Addment: I am using express mail for more expensive orders though, it’s like 6-9 dollars more expensive and it gets here a week faster and I get to track my order.

I’m in Toronto. :slight_smile: