The Official Flappy Yoyo Scores Thread (+ Contest!)

Will you clatify what a gt suicide is? Do you have to catch it on the same finger every time? Do you have to catch it with no twists in the string? Do you have etc.
edit: unofficially got 81 if you count trillions of regens and sidewinders.

Get into a green triangle. Then swing the whole thing counterclockwise around your throw hand, catching the open loop with your non-throw hand. Yes, you should be using the same finger every time, and the longer you do it, the more your string tension will suffer (it’s twisting around your throw hand).

Ok that regen thing is ridiculus cuz with it I got 200 on the nose before I quit. I guess it would be okay if there was a limited number of regens. 20 regens for 200 gt suicides.

Yep, this is what I thought would happen. GT Suicides are relatively easy if you’re allowed to add more spin and manage your string tension. It’s the string tension and slowing down that make it difficult.

So, are regens and adjusting string tension allowed? It might go to the thousands for some people.

I would vote no. I know it was meant to level the playing field for those who don’t have high end yoyos, but I think a single throw is the better contest. My $0.02

I agree, but do I have to catch it on one finger?

Apparently

No. As long as the yoyo and all the string travels all the way around your throw hand, I don’t think it matters how you catch it.

42 and then got spaghetti string.

Edit: if I can adjust my tension and do a regen periodically I could easily get into the 100’s.

evil laugh
graps whole loop with hand then inserts finger

Alrighty, due to multiple people bringing up concerns I won’t allow regens. I guess I’m the only one who isn’t a master at them :stuck_out_tongue:

No leaving the mount, but what you do within that mount is up to you. If you can adjust tension within it, go for it.

And no, you can catch them with your hand, wrist, nose, or feet, as long as you aren’t like, cross arm catching and flipping over and only doing a half suicide or something similar.

Post dat link!

Never mind, I did regens haha.

I messed up going into a green triange LOL.

My record for one throw so far is 55. Workin’ on it :-\

Very nice!

I’m gonna try to get up to 100

K… so

CAN’T:
Regens
do cross-armed 1/2 suicide/suicide 1.5 thingies

CAN:
Catch it with anything other than your TH

QUESTION:
Can you do Takayasu Tanaka Inverted GT suicides as seen in this video at 0:48-ish?

since it would help with string tension and add variety while still being a gt suicide :smiley:
I was gonna PM Pajamas about this but it felt like cheating if I knew something simple that some of the community didn’t know about and he would’ve probably told everyone in this thread about the variation anyway so yeah is it allowed?

EDIT:
Do you also have to get the yoyo back to your hand with #1 or #2
1.  via bind after a SUCCESSFUL GT suicide meaning the video is pretty much flawless trick-wise

OR

2.  can you accidentally miss the last one, let it get a knot, and count the suicides before that

I think you go until you miss or until the yoyo stops.  Doesn’t have to be a flawless trick or return to your hand.

The idea is that it’s like flappy bird – you play until you miss and then you get frustrated because there’s a knot in your string.  :wink:

Usually you run out of spin :wink: