The must-haves

I thought Bout that, but I haven’t figured out how it compares to the Serenade yet. I see more buzz around the serenade than the cabal so far.

2 Likes

I have both.

The serenade plays like you’d expect a competition yoyo to play… wide, fast, fingerspin hub, stable, etc.

Cabal plays like a heavier, more solid feeling MMC imo. Solid, stable, more laid back chill type of yoyo.

I love delrins. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with either of them (or both!)

5 Likes

I like this description a lot. Narrowing it down to “one per company” is helpful too.

4 Likes

Sweet! I’ll be looking to own both eventually

Yeah, this is exactly what I was asking about.

ey how come the Shutter hasn’t been mentioned?!

I mentioned it :raising_hand_man:

4 Likes

whoops missed that

I think a SpinWorthy fixie is also a must have

1 Like

G2: Triton, Reaper, Covenant
SF: DLRN, Statement, CEASEFIRE
A-RT: Grail, 420, Sucction

3 Likes

Onedrop - Markmont Classic

2 Likes

The markmont was on the original list :slight_smile:

CLYW Chief.

1 Like

cracks knuckles

Alright, time to give my ol two bits into the fray here. Considering I’ve been a part of the hobby for a wee bit of time, I bought hundreds of yoyos through out the time and thus gotten a little bit of sense on what were some of the favorites in the scene in the past and the scene of today so lets go:

Duncan
Wheel, Avenger, Freehand One, Freehand 2, Freehand 2010 edition (fh2 shape with recess pads), Hyper Freehand, Raptor, Barracuda (2012 edition), Freehand MG, Freehand Nextgen, Grasshopper X or GTX, Hayabusa, Skyhawk, Magnetude, ThrowMonkey

Yomega
Brain, Saber Brain, Fireball, Saber Fireball, Raider, Saber Raider, X-brain, X-brain Wing, Glide, Xodus, Hyperwarp Heavy Wing, Mirage,

Yoyofactory
GrindMaster, 401K (any version), G5, 888 2007 editions {The ocho edition, yuuki quake, augie…ect), 888 highwall edition, small bearing 888, Protostar, Superstar 2008, Skyline, Grind Machine 2, Genesis, Supernova, Delrin Severe, Die-nasty, DNA, Avant Garde 1 and 2, Replay (the original 2010 edition), Replay Pro, Shutter, Horizon, Flight, Plastic Grind Machine, Nine Dragons, Edge, Wedge, K’edge, Confusion, Loop 720s,

Yoyojam
Spinfaktor, Super Spinfaktor, Megas Spinfaktor, Spinfaktor HG, Spinfaktor X, Projam, Aquarius, Big Ben, Big Yo, Patriot, Black Nova, Clessiah, Dark Magic 1 through 3, Legacy, Hitman, Hitman Pro, Hitman X, Lyn Fury Diamondback 1 and 2, Mini Motrixx, Nightmoves 1 and 2, Kickside, Speeder, Spinmaster 2 and 3, Sunset Trajectory, Synergy, X-con, X-convict, Fiesta, Fiesta Tres, Fiesta XX, Go big, Phenom, Phenomizm,

Onedrop yoyos
Project, Y-factor, M1, 54, Code1, Code2 Nautilus, Cascade, Dietz, Sovereign, Wooly Markmont, Summit, Rally, Format C, Markmont Classic, Citizen, Rebirth, Topdeck, Kuntosh, Cabal, Parlay, Dang 2, Deepstate, Overture, VTwo, ParAvion,

CLYW
The original Painted Peak, Peak 2, Titanium Peak, Bear Vs Man Round 2, Yeti 1, Yeti 2, Metal Yeti, Arctic Circle 1 and 2, Borealis 1 and 2, Big Dipper, Bon Fire, Avalanche, Sasquatch, Cheif, Pickaxe, Scout, Advanced Scout, Gnarwhal 2, Puffin 2, Orca, Blizzard, SnowLzzrd, Manatee,

This is all based on personal opinion- which I applie said opinion via the ones I’ve owned, tried, amount of talk and promotion and overall likeness. There is tons more I want to add to this list, but I don’t have the time to do it so I’m gonna come back and edit this to help yall out.

~Zammy

9 Likes

Wow that was amazing! Thank you for all of that. Also, love to see the avion in your OD list. I have one and think it’s in my top 2 for sure, so fun!

Looking forward to the rest!!
This could become good enough to consolidate and sticky!!

I have used everything in the below list, not just going off reviews. If a manufacture i not on the list, just means I haven’t tried it yet.

Duncan - Modded FHZ
Yomega - Pair of Raiders modded for 2A
Yoyofactory - 2007 888
Yoyojam - My heart says Patriot, my mind says Spinfaktor HG
Onedrop - M1, OG Project or Code 1 (so hard to pick one)
CLYW - OG Peak or Chief (So hard to pick one)
General yo - Hatrick (bonus points for Vendetta USA Hatrick)
Team Losi - Cherrybomb
Playmaxx - Bumblebee GT
Spintasttics - Tornado 2 (Tigershark was great too)
Superyo - Renegade
BBYY - Wedgie
ILYY - Noctu or St Eel
Tom Kuhn - No Jive
SPYY - Addiction 2
3yo3 - Bassline
Antiyo - eetsit (the end if you’re nasty)

8 Likes

I want a tornado 2 and a gt. I have a regular TBB and og tornado :slight_smile:

1 Like

G2-Banshee, Elite
2sick-Knight&Gale
OD-VTWO
CLYW-Orca, Akita!
YYF-Shutter (or wide angle)
CoreCo.-Parser
YYFriends-Hummingbird

These are the only ones I can speak on as they are throws I have used personally that I love and that seem to be widely regarded as top tier by the community.

Every throw here would be a great addition to your collection if you don’t have one

5 Likes

Top throws everyone must own

MMC, OG and QV Kuntosh, Draupnir, OG 2011 Genesis (no other iteration compares), Banshee, Hummingbird, Any of the Ting Series, Float, Ace Yo Air, Crucible, Top Deck, OG Edge, Cadence, Charm, Apathy, Haymaker X, Mayhem, Tundra, Ti Dream, Salti, Spaceship, Fluvia, Supernova, Chief, Shutter.

2 Likes

Was going to make a thread but I saw this one existed already.

I have a similar question but it’s a little more specific. I want to know what the all stars of the past 5-7 years are, the yoyos people will/do remember 5 or more years after the release, not one from each brand. Think along the lines of the Hitman, Dark Magic, 888 and Genesis for their time. So less your individual opinion and more community consensus. And if a yo-yo is strictly remembered because of how hard it was to obtain (like Anti-yo’s stuff) that doesn’t fit either.

I know the Draupnir is highly praised, the Shutter is a must own from what I’ve seen, but apart from that I’m not super familiar with what’s come out and how it’s been received over time.

A few of these may be a bit biased, but I’d like to think I have a decent grasp of what’s good (or at least I used to). Here’s some stuff from 8yrs ago worth having that I’d put up against anything I’ve personally tried.

VsNYYC - Ti Walker/Vayder
YYR - Stargazer v2. Gonna go on a limb and say Draupnir as well (haven’t tried one yet).
CLYW - Chief
YYF - Grind Machine 2
C3 - OG Berserker

1 Like