The must-haves

It’s times to ask the age old question. What are the must haves from the main yoyo companies/some of the newish boutique companies?
This doesn’t necessarily mean the best, just must haves…I’d love to get a top 3-5 from each company as an idea of what to start hunting/collecting.

So far, some of what I’ve seen…
With one drop, the MMC, Kuntosh/qv, and dang2.
With G2, it seems the Banshee’s and the Wolf, and the OC.
2 sick, the Seraph, nightngale, bishop.
Smashing has the float
Unprlld has the ignition
Sf has the bliss and cadences

What should be on this list from other companies, or even these ones, that are considered among their top must have throws to todays standard? Nostalgia is not something I’m factoring in, more looking at fun and or performance…a little bit of uniqueness as well.

5 Likes

There’s a dedicated topic for the One Drops. Spoiler: Dang 2 isn’t gonna make that list :wink:

7 Likes

Woah, I only put it on there based on buzz I’ve seen

1 Like

Yeah, it seems on these forums, the top deck would overtake the dang2. On reddit it seems the dang2 is more praised, as well as on youtube reviews.

1 Like

Dang 2 is really good tho

5 Likes

Wow, I recently did similar research and pretty much came up with what you have. Are you avoiding bi-metals? There are a number of bi-metals I’ve seen rave reviews on. Also, there are some collaborations between some of the companies you’ve mentioned. And I added MonkeyfingeR Design to my list and am very glad I did.

2 Likes

For our company yoyofriends , I think the Hummingbird and the Raytracer are must haves :grin:

4 Likes

Would vote, double vote, triple vote, quadruple vote on the Hummingbird!

4 Likes

OD - VTWO, MMC
G2 - Banshee, Wolf and new Reaper is FIRE
A-RT - Grail, 420
SF - Cadence
MFD - Prime8
CLYW - Akita
YYF - Hummingbird

6 Likes

There are no must haves, but there are objects which are not mass produced.

It creates a shortened window of opportunity for the buyer, and if you wait too long, they become rarer.

3 Likes

Ill make that a quintuple vote for the hummingbird.

3 Likes

Not specifically, I did list two I think, but they’re not my top priorty as I know a lot of them have some downsides like vibe until you get into the more spendy ranges. But definitely looking for some to out on this list too, just less aware of what the best ones of those are yet really.

Rareity isn’t my concern or something that I consider a “must have”. And there are “must haves” in every object based hobby. You’re just being weird/pessimistic lol.

Sweet! I had a feeling the reaper was fire too. Can’t wait to get my first g2

1 Like

Here’s my quick take. Of course, there are a billion other brands with some good stuff.

G2 - Triton, Albatross
Smashing - Crucible
OhYesYo - Paradigm Shift
OD - Gauntlet, Summit
SF - SF

2 Likes

He’s asking about must haves, iconic throws that everyone should have at least tried or have in their collection. A company’s flagship. The YYF Shutter, the OD MC, the G2 Banshee. None of these are hard to get but they are the face of their respective company.

He’s not asking for rare sought after throws. Things like the Peak or Ti-Walker.

12 Likes

I’ve been really curious about the Reaper and haven’t found much on it.

Everyone seems to love the Grail.

I haven’t heard much on the Akita either. All the love in this thread for the Hummingbird, I’m going to have to check it out.

3 Likes

I understand what you mean. Shutter then.

1 Like

+1 for the Hummingbird :innocent:

2 Likes

You should put cabal on your OD list.

4 Likes