Yyf Shutter

discussions/photos on the Shutter or SWangle

5 Likes

My first pro yoyo, I couldn’t believe how smooth and silent it was when I first threw it. Hitting tricks was no longer as big of a challenge with a shutter in my hand. I have a blue silver fade and you will NEVER separate me from it.

4 Likes

Used to have one from 2014. They definitely don’t feel the same. Would only really get one if it was older or was for a really good deal.

2 Likes

Wall is super low and kinda give a thunk on the string but still alright comp throw

2 Likes

My first metal! Holds a special place in my memory though it is no longer a throw I would use

2 Likes

Can anyone actually document the changes in Shutter design from 2013 to today? I do not mean Wide Angle, I mean the regular Shutter? Supposedly it’s been “tweaked” through the years but I have never ever seen a definitive source on that… @yyfben2.deactivated?

4 Likes

I’m not sure what year mine was made, but it came with a flat bearing so it’d have to be one from the first couple years. That being said, I put a JD Whipple in it, and it has since become my go-to throw. Thanks again @codinghorror AKA ForumSanta!

3 Likes

What i know:

• Lower walls
  • CT bearing
  • 67g changed to 64.5g
  • Less centre weight
  • Loads of colors
2 Likes

:thinking: seems right, per my testing

1 2 3 4 5 6
Weight 64.58g 64.59g 64.55g 64.42g 64.56g 64.52g

We have it detailed. Gentry vid perhaps

1 Like

I have a pretty recent one and I love it. I have another from like 2014 but I haven’t really noticed a difference. The shutter is just a great yoyo. Everyone should have one in their collection.

1 Like

ben said there were small changes along the whole journey

2 Likes

Masked response areas are very good. Big fan of this change.

2 Likes

Yeah only about 10-20% of the yo-yos I see do a masked response area (lowers string friction when touching edges, also reduces chance of string cutting to nil) and it is a detail that I appreciate and respect.

2 Likes

Shutter Wide Angle just took eyyc thanks to Kacper. One more step to the shutter crew ruling the planet

2 Likes

Not much to say, but I do have this Koi Shutter that Rewind made with Gentry before the 2014 Worlds. I would love to get the follow-up Dragon Shutter that was made after he won Worlds.

3 Likes

That is a lovely engraving

1 Like

First yoyo my wife bought me. Black/gold version purchased in 2015. Only good unresponsive I had up until then was th N12. I loved it immediately.

Aside from the obvious sentimental attachment, I still consider it one of the best yoyos I own. I play with it at least a couple times each week. I consider it the most well rounded yoyo I’ve ever played. The size and weight is near perfect for my hand, and it generally fits my play style.

I don’t have a big collection, so if I owned a bunch of high end yo-yos like some of the guys on here I would no doubt be singing a very different tune. However for a guy with a modest collection that’s comprised of mostly budget throws, its a fantastic yoyo.

1 Like