First G2 yo-yo recommendations?

Hello all!

I have been thinking about trying a G2 yo-yo and haven’t had a great chance to see all the ones that are 1 out there 2 the ones I’ve seen look awesome!

If you can’t pick just one Which should be some to pick if possible?

My top 5 yo-yos are these so helpfully they can help on recommending
1 Yoyofriends hummingbird
2 Yoyofriends vulture
3 OD kraken
4 MCMO - brass UL
5 OD lunar eclipse

Not super picky I’ve found in shape as long at it works together - I have yet to throw any bimetal organics to might have slight preference to that

thanks for your time!

4 Likes

If your a dbz fan get yourself a G2 Freiza !! I think THAT one will be my first G2 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Covenant - no question in my mind

7 Likes

Banshee SS

It seems to be the most popular (for good reason) and they’re relatively easy to find.

The AL-7 seems to be the most popular of the Banshee SS models, I’m partial to the brass rims model, but the AL-6 is pretty amazing, too.

Arbiter

This is an amazing bi-metal in its own right, but the Banshee will be closer to the Hummingbird in terms of shapes, imo. The AL-7 is definitely the best, but there’s only been one public drop of that so it’s going to be harder to find than the AL-6

Valhalla

This is an amazing yoyo, and honestly would be my first pick for you, but it might be a bit harder to find at the moment. If you’re willing to wait for the next drop, you can pick one up then. Follow @g2_drops on Instagram to find out about the drops.

Honestly, though, I think you’d be happy with any G2 given your listed throws. I listed all bimetals, but even the mono-metals are super fun

2 Likes

If an organic bimetal is what you’re looking for specifically, I wouldn’t limit myself to just getting a G2 for that.

For a first G2 I’d just say Banshee. The Banshee seemed like it used to be the general consensus for this question at least. They’re dirt cheap, extremely good, and can take a serious beating and still remain G2 smooth. The OG Banshee is the only thing I’ve played from G2, but that was enough to make me a fan.

5 Likes

Also would suggest a Banshee, they play great and you’ll see what the fuss was about.

3 Likes

Just so its clear the Banshee SS is smaller then all the yoyos you listed. The Banshee is good and feels solid and smooth but I personally like the Arbiter and the Valhalla better. Arbiter is more organic and comfortable and Valhalla is more H performance. I don’t think any of them are top speed players if that is your thing.

2 Likes

Try to get a G2 Banshee in the Night Fury colorway…

5 Likes

I present to you my own baped proto banshee with a unique 1 of 1 custom concrete kiss. For real though, you can get Banshees for under 50 bucks and I feel like it’s one of the best monometals I’ve gotten to try, and at that price point it’s a steal. If you like it, you’ll end up with a seriously good monometal and know you’ll be happy with any more expensive G2 you get in the future. And if you don’t like it, well at least you didn’t spend 1500 to try it out!

4 Likes

FYI “Freiza” is a bi-metal colorway (clear with purple rims), not a model. The two models I know released in this color is the GBP and BansheeSS, though there might be more.

2 Likes

Yea I was thinking that AFTER I posted it ,I just wasn’t 100% sure if it was the GBP I seen it on :sweat_smile:

3 Likes