The great "888" thread

what’s with the 888 family? i got a Skyline today and realized i’ve barely heard of the 888’s. feel free to just talk about the 888’s in general and do not feel pressured to inform me. :smiley:

and post some pictures of any 888’s you have!

8 Likes

The best 888.

16 Likes

get out.

7 Likes

Hahaha

3 Likes

I got this 888 at my first contest. NER 2011 the guy told me if I get john higby to sign it he’ll sell it to me :slight_smile: you can kinda see it its rly faded now though haha

15 Likes

Here is my pair

9 Likes

Here’s that list of 888 releases.
https://sites.google.com/site/benjaminmcphee/eight8eight

5 Likes

I never use it. Hubstacks…eh. It’s too light and feels weird. Maybe I will love it one day.

9 Likes

Yeah, the 888GT isn’t worthy of the name.

Here’s my assorted 888

16 Likes

I feel the same way about my treo… my higby ws a gift from my brother maybe 10 years ago, i forget. Never liked the hub stacks. Then i got sucked into the ti hype. I have to say coming back to the 888 so many years later, with more skill i appreciate the 888 a lot more. It was definitely impressive for it’s time. Still not in my daily rotation but there’s nothing it can’t handle in my trick repertoire.

I have to agree the GT is no where near the higby or ti888.

13 Likes

I’ve got a number of them, and more in the mail :grin: and possibly picking up some more next week. Love the 888!

5 Likes

Does anyone like the 888GT sans hubstacks? The day I got it in the mail I ordered 2 pairs of rice stacks (the dice). I just can’t find a way to use the hubstacks and make them fun with the frontstyle I do. I haven’t found any frontstyle hubstack videos. I would like to put the black dice on it without the bearings because it would look cool but they won’t stay on without the bearings and I’m not going to glue them on.

2 Likes

14 Likes

I’ve had several versions of the 888 and I quickly sold or traded each one. I thought they played fine but I never really connected with the yoyo. I seemed to always have one and somebody always really wanted one, so I just traded, sold, or gave them the 888 I had at the moment.

I always thought it looked like a yoyo that I should love, I just didn’t. I finally received a Skyline Starry Night, years ago, and I loved it, still play it quite a bit.

Almost the same yoyo, go figure! :man_shrugging: Don’t fight, it just go with what you like I guess.

However I will say that the 888 has made a great many people very happy and has proven to be a great choice for them. I’m glad for this!

8 Likes

We all like what we all like…

…well said @skitrz!

3 Likes

:fire::fire::fire: bro

Edit: this whole thread is nicee :sob::sob:

3 Likes

I’ve been throwing my Ti888 for the last few days and it’s one of my favorites.

I’d love to pick up an original one someday.

Anyone tried an Soda Sunshine? Basically a knockoff 888, it’s annoyingly good.

10 Likes

No, but I’m about to look into it lol.

Spellcheck musta got you lol Aoda Sunshine**
Very nice pic as well!

3 Likes

Aaron where do you get your 888’s?

1 Like

Occasionally stores put up as new/old stock. I check them every once in a while. Other than that I get them from different people, I got 4 or 5 on the way myself.

1 Like