The great "888" thread

out of the ones you have, which is your favorite?

1 Like

Unfortunately I no longer have this beaut

I DO still have a blue '07 (I think) and I keep an 888GT at work.

11 Likes

BST, watch Instagram and will DM people seeing if they want to sell or trade. YYF is doing their B grade sales and they sold some B grades a couple weeks ago. Most of the B grades I’ve gotten from them I’ll put a new bearing in them and make sure the axle is centered and they get pretty smooth but then I’m not that picky on vibe.

4 Likes

dang, i was looking at the Ti 888 B grades and i was basically thinking, “nah fam”. now i’m like “i should’ve got the Skyline forever ago”, lol.

4 Likes

i’m not too picky about fingernail vibe as long as it isn’t any very visible pusle vibe. i like 9/10 or 10/10 string vibe because you actually notice it in play, but with fingernail you actually touch it to notice.

1 Like

When I get my high wall later I’ll be able to tell you for sure, but the ti-888 I have is currently my fav. Otherwise it’s the 888 Premium.

2 Likes

man, that’s a tasty collection! is the one in the middle a 2011, or 2010 888x? : )

2 Likes

Kick myself. I had a highwall 2007 Aussie Gold 888 and sold it :man_facepalming: Need to find another highwall for my collection.

Ti888 is my go to these days as well.

3 Likes

playing the Skyline more i realized it’s tiny, but it has a big punch.

1 Like

i had a great realization… hubstacks are fidget spinners… :frowning: well that is, if you use it like i do, sitting on a PC winding it up and doing a pull start.

3 Likes

Watch Brandon Vues fidget spinner video.:wink::rofl:

2 Likes

That thing looks great! Does that 888 have a particular name?

2 Likes

AFAIK it’s just called a Dragon 888.

I haven’t seen one for sale since like 2013 though.

3 Likes

I found some pic of it on Google. It reminds me of the Celtic 888 which I thought looked cool.

2 Likes

I’m on a bit of a 888 hunt myself right now and would love it if anyone had any ideas on how to differentiate 2011s from the Xs!

And also if anyone had feedback on how 2011s play : )

2 Likes

2011 has a slight bump near the response area where the 888x was flat. The 888x also has “Made In China” printed on the cup.

3 Likes

gotcha…

these Xs are recognisable to me due to the Made in China print below the YYF line, but i’m not sure what these guys are?

the batch code says it was made in 2011, doesn’t have the Made in China stamp (there is a smaller “Made in Shenzhen China” in the above lines though) so I’m confused if this is the X or 11s? My impression was that the 11s were made in the USA, and these guys don’t have the response bump you referred to. Any clue? : )

1 Like

Those are both 888x from my knowledge, just the engraving is moved on later runs. The 888x was the largest run of the 888 and are still being machined I think. These were the 2011 888s. I’m not sure why these aren’t really talked about, behind the titanium 888, these are the best performers. Shape is very similar to the original 888, but more modernized with the response bump.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! The engraving was confusing, but that clears it up : )

3 Likes

Anyone else always get a double of a yoyo they really like?

18 Likes