The future of vintage designs

Hey @YOHANS! It’s been a while! I hope all is well.

With the recent release of the 888 GT, it got me thinking. What are your thoughts, and perhaps plans, for resurrecting more vintage designs in the future? We’re starting to see a return to some of the extremely popular designs of yesteryear, like the SpinMaster X and now the 888 GT. There have been many pivotal YoYo designs over the years and bringing some of them back and updating them for modern play is a neat idea.

Personally, I think it’s pretty awesome to see older designs make a comeback. Having been around during the start of the last big boom, I’ve been fortunate enough to see yoyoing change exponentially over the years. In the huge wave of change, some designs and ideas have faded over times, while others have stuck around.

Do you see YYF reviving more vintage designs in the future? Are there any limitations, like licensing and what not for doing this? Is this an area of interest for you or the company? What are your thoughts? I’d love to see another stunt pilot, haha!

Thanks!

2 Likes

You guys are really going to enjoy a re-boot we are planning…nobody will see this coming.

Stunt Pilot is a good idea. Have to ponder that.

5 Likes

Sounds exciting!

1 Like

Stunt Pilot eh?

Dang this thing is made from ProYonium™

7 Likes

That must make it one of a kind hard-core

2 Likes

I remember when they first came out they shot one with a rifle and it didn’t explode or go through it! The plastic was pretty resilient, it’d be neat to see something made out of it again. If I remember correctly, I think it was also self healing.

2 Likes

Lol just recently bought one for my playmaxx collection hope to see a re release

1 Like

How about a StuntSnake? Hahaha.

Actually; a delrin Stunt Pilot; about as wide as the wide Shutter. With more rim weight and YYF style barrel hub stacks but with the prop blades…

That would be sweet🤔

5 Likes

Sure is a pretty. I loved seeing all of those mods back in the day. The viper hubs were a great resource. So were the shells! The pro ace II with viper and cobra shells were super sweet too!

2 Likes

A new “Project Red Alert” series would be great! And more Basecamp :smiley:

2 Likes