Does anyone want to revive yoyojam with me?

Yoyojam has been dead since 2015 ever since the founder Dale Bell has had health concerns. In my opinion, Yoyojam was one of the most innovative companies in terms of yoyo design and quality. The Yoyojam x Yomega odyssey was my first ball-bearing yoyo. I want to recreate the company and bring back some old designs and create new ones. I am currently coming up with a plan to do so, but I need some suggestions on what designs I should bring back, and how I am going to do so.

13 Likes

Are you wanting to get with whomever has the rights, buy them out, and start putting out old models and your new designs?

If so, great idea and maybe start a Kickstarter after you get their blessing where you offer backers various throws based on what they donate.

Hope it works out, I’d love to see a resurrection! If you follow my plan, it’ll only cost you a Spinfaktor HG and a Patriot, lol.

7 Likes

Hitman;)

2 Likes

Thank you for the idea. I forgot about the existence of kickstarter/gofundme. :smile:

3 Likes

You would need permission from YoYoJam before doing anything like this.

14 Likes

Definitely agree with @kretzschmar you’d need a blessing from the current rightful owners prior to beginning your endeavor, but would love to see some of those old designs modernized. A polycarb/stainless modern Black Knight would be sick.

Also: If they don’t take pogs, you may as well not even start this process, lol.

2 Likes

You could always just start your own new yoyo company and then get permission on specific designs if you wanted them to be 100% original and same. Or you could just change something small and make them similar. There’s a bunch of yoyos that are extremely similar from different companies.

3 Likes

Yoyojam is the best name I have ever heard for a yoyo company.

4 Likes

I am currently searching around the internet trying to get in contact with Dale, or Valerie. Does anyone know how I even contact them to ask for the rights, because their website doesn’t even exist anymore. :frowning:

3 Likes

iYoYo might have their contact info since I think they collaborated with YoYoJam/received their blessing to make the Night Moves X.

2 Likes

HitMan ( mono-metal aluminum and Cu plated if possible ),
DarkMagic ( bimetal ),
Night Moves 5, ( high end bimetal and or titanium )
I will spend all the my money if that was the line up. Let us all know

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

You should ask @AndreBoulay he should know people with answers. Good luck and I vote for night moves.

1 Like

Iyoyo and Sturm panzer have done collaborations since yoyojams closing. Maybe see how they did it.

3 Likes

I just talked to Dale(Yoyojam). I mentioned to him that there was an interest in reviving Yoyojam,?

He was in greats spirits…at work… running his primary Business and getting ready to go home and relax and enjoy the New Year weekend.

He asked me to wish everybody well and a Happy Safe New Year.

And stated very clearly that he has zero interest in ‘Revivng Yoyojam’.

He is proud to have been part of pushing the yoyo performance envelope. And pleased with anybody and everybody that has appreciated and appreciates Yoyojams’ products and contributions to skilltoy fun.

But, that time will march on just fine without a Yoyojam revival.

That’s all…

18 Likes

well, at least I tried. :frowning:

4 Likes

I respect that he wants to leave his stamp on yoyo history without having someone else taking it over and possibly putting a tarnish on the beauty that he created.

Does that in anyway leave the possibilty for him to allow anyone to use his designs to recreate any of them under a different companies name with his blessing?

1 Like

That is a great idea I would love to recreate the unleashed, transcend, axiom, and dark magic II yoyos.

4 Likes

It is absolutely crazy how we actually got a response from dale himself. I just want to give a shoutout to him and everyone else in this thread. God bless you all and have a happy new year.

6 Likes

Yes, that was very cool, good on you doc for the help

3 Likes