The elusive General Yo

I feel the same way. It seems like everybody is besties with Ernie.

If you want to meet Ernie plan a vacation to long beach, tell your family that long beach is 30 mins away!

1 Like

Not the place Chris…

My wife supported my excursion to the mountains of Canada, in search of the elusive Sasquatch, an excursion in the Andes, hunting the Yeti, but there is no way I can convince her that an excursion to Florida in search of the fabled Ernie is anything but a waste of time. ;D

No long beach CA, not Florida. :stuck_out_tongue:

How is it that I’m the only one that doesn’t know Ernie personally?
[/quote]
I feel the same way. It seems like everybody is besties with Ernie.
[/quote]
I’m pretty much here to have a good time, make friends, and talk with anyone who has the time.
My business plan was never to make as many yoyos as I can to make as much money as possible.
I do it as a hobby and for fun. Like…lets make something that works real well, and try to improve it.
Parts for fighter jets on my screen all day has its rewards knowing there is a part of Americas defense
at hand, but its not real fun. A yoyo design on my CAD screen makes me smile, and I can feel it at the end of the string as I create it, before we even cut metal.
Song writers have an energy that goes in to the songs they write…Have you ever heard a song that was so good it hit your soul and changed your mood?.. You have just connected with the energy that was there when it was written. Have you thrown a yoyo that just had something special about it?..like it had soul? The same thing is going on there.
Crazy?..I think not.
Hype? I think not either.
Does it throw me off if I hear a bad comment? Probably.
Will that change the direction of my company? %^&@ no.

Rock on!

8 Likes

Too true, I’ll get to that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amen.

1 Like

Just click it —> http://youtu.be/W5FfJ89rGPc

(Sorry for the double post)

God Bless - Moefv

Rock on indeed. (Any chance to post this video should be taken. LOL)

You better not let the comments of some chuckle heads change your ways.

For those that are saying how they feel left out that they don’t know Ernie personally… just look around this post and in other General-Yo related posts. The reason why it seems like everyone is friends with the man is because he isn’t exactly a hermit. I have found that some of the most beloved yo-yo companies have one thing in common; outspoken, easy to find, and easy to talk to owners. If you want to be friends with these companies do what most of us do and just start talking to them.

You are correct Matt, there is no place for your venom against companies that many hold in high regard. You are not the yo-yo police who gets to tell companies how to run their business. Know your roll as a consumer and vote with your dollars if you don’t like a product instead of belittling people that bring a wonderful toy to the market.

1 Like

Lame as it may be, my elusive one is the RecRev Facade. I might have to resort to the BST, though it’s gonna be a pain given my location.

How have I never seen that video before?? Pure Awesomeness.

Is Samad still throwin?

I doubt it. He made a small comeback a few months ago, with a few posts, but hasn’t been seen since. He was last online December 17th of last year. The 2 contests I’ve been to, both in SoCal, had the General-Yo crew, but Samad wasn’t there.

But just because he doesn’t go on the forums doesn’t mean he doesn’t throw. (Even though he used to be VERY active on the forums). Only Ernie can answer that question.

WELL, looking back at his most recent posts, I found this:

So yeah, he probably quit. :confused:

Dang :frowning:

I miss Samad. He’s still one of my favorite throwers, even though he did quit. He had an amazing trick vocabulary.

Stahp. You are making me tear up a bit

You guys will like the colorway for the new GeneralYos. It’s pretty rad.

I promise.

1 Like

Crazy rad! The next colorway is mind blowing!!!

You’ve seen it?

Yeah, gettin gone soon hopefully! Just need a bit more cash