The elusive General Yo

If you go to DXL you are constantly in the know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Where is DXL?

Well I guess you’ll know if Ernie brings them to the meets, but since I’m on the team he just sends me pics of all the new stuff. So yeah, the next colorways are too dope haha.

James, I can’t agree with you more. The next two colorways look amazing. My jaw dropped on one of them.

1 Like

Yea the new light blast colorway has been my desktop background since I got the pic. Its awesome and pretty unique for General-Yo.
…Have I said too much?

1 Like

Yeah… I can’t wait till tomorrow…

Have I said too much?

Yes, yes you have.
I wish I could say the same, but my collection SERIOUSLY lacks a traditional genyo blast, so I will be waiting a teensy bit longer :wink:

And this is why people can’t stand the General Yo groupies ^^^^^^

K.

Groupies? I don’t even own a General Yo.

Lol, why do you even enter threads with General Yo in the title?

Was referring to the gossiping girls who would rather talk about some secret picture Ernie sent them than post it like, say, every other company out there.

NathanC, grow some skin man… Why do you insist on coming into every general-yo thread and acting like this? If you don’t like it, go back to the TP, YYR, CLYW thread… or one of the YYR threads… we don’t come around threads with your preferred brand and start trashing your brand or it’s customers.

Grow up dude, seriously. Are you in high school? Who are you trying to get over on? If this is how you get your ego boost, that’s cool… I guess… but it’s not really helping your reputation

I, for one, appreciate this thread for the info given, as well as enjoy the tongue-in-cheek nature :wink:
Sad to see good threads degraded. Please carry on.
Disclaimer: I, too, do not own a General Yo.

I personally, enjoy the enthusiasm people have towards brands, players, materials, shapes, and sizes. I’m elated that we are all different in our likes and dislikes. I just wish we could all share our enthusiasm respectfully, without squelching the enthusiasm of others.

I’ve always wanted to try a gen yo. I have been interested since the very first time I saw one. It has always been a pleasure to read what people like and dislike about the brand and each model.

People with differing opinions is a good thing but why can’t we differ and still be excited for others?

It gets tiresome, however I will indeed own a general yo someday and many others that many of you may disapprove or approve of. Does it really matter? I think not.

2 Likes

There might be you and one… maybe two others out there who “can’t stand” it… another one or two that could do without any sort of brand-based fandom…

So if by “people” you really mean yourself, then fair enough. Apparently you as a particular individual can’t stand them. But don’t make a statement as if you’re speaking for some sort of large group of people.

Whether it’s Gen Yo, CLYW, YYR, or any other brand that seems to attract dedicated fans, most of us are completely ambivalent toward that culture of fandom. I couldn’t care less what brands people prefer, or if they like to talk about those brands. It affects my life less than almost anything else in the world. Don’t know why you would want it to rile you up like that!

Take a breath, man! Get some perspective! It’s yoyos! Smile! Throw one around!

2 Likes

[quote=“NathanC,post:92,topic:53021”]
You hit the nail on the head dude. It is all a conspiracy set in place to taunt you and Geezer. Well heck, we have been made. Everyone pack up and move on. We will have to find a new way to torment Nathan.

[quote=“saintrobyn,post:97,topic:53021”]

Maybe we should start making fake pictures and posting them, saying they are general-yo new releases?

Whatchu guys talking about? General-Yo is great! Granted I’ve only owned a Torrent II, Majesty, and Model10, but they were all top-notch players. Not my cup of tea, but great yoyos nonetheless.

I’ve been searching for a CLYW x illest Campfire since forever.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of one, please let me know :’(

Well I’m actually on the team so I get updates on all the stuff haha. I don’t know how the others saw the pics though. I just thought I’d post about it because I’ve been giving Ernie advice for new colorways and I like the outcome of these new ones. I’ll let Ernie release the pics publicly, unless he asks me to post them.

You’re pretty funny. But do you have a life?

4 Likes