The Brotherhood of the Traveling YoYo

Well folks, as some of you may know, DTI is coming out with a 2011 design of BassBoosts, and to celebrate, we here at Double-Take Industries have decided to come up with a little project.

The Brotherhood of the Traveling YoYo.

In this project, we are sending one, that’s right, ONE Double-Take industries BassBoost across America.

Now, we are giving you the chance to play a yoyo before you buy it, so we DO expect you to do a couple things for us.

1. You must film a 30 second clip of yourself playing with the yoyo. Just a 30 second 1A clip. This clip is to be sent as an attachment to me in an email.

2. You are responsible for getting the yoyo to it’s next recipient. You will have ship priority with tracking. No exceptions. Confirmation codes are to be sent to the next recipient, and myself.

3. There is a time limit for how long you are allowed to keep the yoyo. You are allowed to keep the BassBoost for two days after receiving it. No questions asked. If confirmation codes are not in my inbox by the end of the second day, one of two things should happen. You should either send me an email saying that you need one extra day, or you are sending DTI money via paypal.

4. We want autographs. We will be sending along a device for autographs to be sent. We aren’t sure what this device will be yet. But you are expected to sign it.

5. How about we make it interesting? Include something. Anything. This isn’t a requirement, but I feel it would be interesting to see. Throw in something extra with the package, anything. Don’t take away, just add on.

6. We want this yoyo to reach everyone. Once you sign up, you are bound to this. No backing out. We are offering you the chance to play with a yoyo for the just cost of shipping to another person. We would like to keep this to the US, because international shipping may be a bit much to ask from our customers. We WILL take legal action if someone decides to steal this yoyo, and we will be doing feedback checks, as to avoid having to take legal action.

Any questions are to be asked in this thread.

You have to sign up, and we will make this as pain free as possible. Here’s how to do it:

Email me at qdhaley@hotmail.com
Email must include username at YYE, and address.

Thanks guys. And have fun!

So, how does the two days thing work?

Once you recieve it say on Monday, do you send it on Wednesday? Or how does this work?

If the yoyo is received on a monday, you have two full days to play with it. So we would expect it to be shipped on thursday

Im outside us, so i cant join.
anyway, im guessing that you would make a vid with all those 30 sec clip.
soudns great.
have fun everyone, im looking forwart to it.

I am going to join, whens the due date for the video?

Emailed to me ASAP. It has to be filmed during your time with the BassBoost, while using the BassBoost.

Shooting you an email right now… Just Username and address right?

Really want to try this, but do i have to have a certain number of feedback?

If we can consider you trustworthy enough you will not need feedback. If you have yoyo buddies who are also on the forums with a bit more feedback than yourself, you can use them as referals.

Ok, thats good :slight_smile: There are a couple people who i have met, but i dont really know them that well…

Q, sent you my e-mail. :wink:

Also, Dylan, you can use me as your referal…

Got it, and Dylan, if Gizzyo is your referral we are good to go. Send an email.

I Want to Try This. I geuss I will Send you an Email. :wink:

Wait, Sorry I Cant do it. My Computer doesn’t Allow Hotmail, so I Cant send you an Email. :-\

neato. we talked about doing something similar awhile ago, but we were too ambitious and not clear/coordinated enough to make it work. i think it’s a great idea, but obviously it’s subject to tons of variables. hope you’re able to do something rad with it!

this was my take on it.

1 Like

Email sent

No 5a?

The video will be used to promote the BassBoost.

Seeing that Duncan won’t allow 5A in videos promoting yoyos, we see it better to not allow 5A.
Just a precaution.

I would love to see you take part in this ed, it’d be an honor!

Go ahead and send me a PM. Not my preferred method, but if it gets you included.

Stoked!

emailed