The Ask G2 Jake Thread

Make some big bang ano runs and I’ll snatch one up for sure :smiley:

What blast works best on 7075? Can it be soda blasted effectively?

Big Bang replicas will
Never be made :slight_smile:

It’s would work, effectively I’m
Not sure. Bead blast is ok. The main reason a lot of 7075 are not blasted is because the ano is harder to work with, and the non blasted has the colors come out sharper.

Mean :cry:

Plan on doing any more maple drips?

Do some raw releases.

Muted and smeared colours by design would solve that problem. :wink: Thanks, Jake!

Snozberry maple drip!!!

Yes

1 Like

Nope. Don’t want to deal with the galling issues :slight_smile: raw yoyos are bad news for bearings

As you said it was cool to ask on the economics thread:
What is the most costly part of manufacturing an yoyo? Materials (aluminum, axle, bearing, response), machine shop time, anodization, or logistics?

The expensive part of manufacturing a yoyo is paying a machinist to physically machine the aluminum yoyos. Everything else is inexpensive compared to that.

Machine time. And special edition anodizing like the Big Bangs.

Most pricing has the Al and machine time built into the same price though. If the shop has made yoyos before.

Will you make a fixed axle wooden yoyo?

Not in 2013. I don’t want to say never because it could happen. But I don’t currently have any plans to try to.

Now that Brett is gone, who is the co-owner/founder or Second in charge.

Who helps with siliconing?

Is it Mrs. G2? Or what’s her name…

I know!!! Ace is second in charge!

Mrs G is my help :slight_smile: she’s my wife Stephanie. Helps with anything I need. Also inputs ideas on things we should have G2 do.

No one helps with silicone. Pads soon :slight_smile:

I bet all that siliconing is a big pain in the