Bearing opinions

I just ordered the buddha buffet sampler pack. I’m just curious about the forums opinions one the buddha bearings.

2 Likes

Well let’s see

Ripple – concave with string groove – most expensive
Dimple – W-shape (CT) – more expensive
Whipple – V-shape – inexpensive
Double Double – multiple angles (DS, pixel style) – inexpensive

I don’t care for the V shape personally and I found them a tad noisy. Also not a huge fan of string grooves though G2 ships with the Boss Rage which is a string groove bearing.

Maybe go for the traditional CT style, e.g. Dimple? Or the higher priced one if you’re OK with string groove.

5 Likes

this is what the pack contains

1 Like

This is an excellent way for you to find out which shaped bearings you like best. Buddha bearings are excellent too btw

2 Likes

I cant wait to try them in my peak and boss

2 Likes

Any thoughts on full ceramic are they worth the 30ish dollars? I’ve seen alot of mixed reviews on them.

1 Like

Buddha Bearings are pretty good for the price. They’re probably the most cost-effective bearing (at least that I’ve found) outside of ordering lots from China via AliExpress. Used to put them into my ODs.

Used to favor the Whipple but found I like the Double Double more.

That said, I’ve had some issues with duds, loud bearings, and bearings that feel less smooth than others so they can be hit or miss. But you’ll encounter that with bearings regardless.

I use G2 Boss Rage bearings in my ODs now.

I got a full ceramic from China and while it is a nice bearing, I don’t personally think it’s worth the extra cost (esp if it costs $30, yikes). It has a certain feel to it, which I enjoy, but my Overture played just as good with the stock OD flat and a Boss Rage bearing.

1 Like

I’ve tried three of Buddha’s bearings (Ripple, Whipple, and Double Double) and they are all pretty decent. For the money I still think the Boss Rage is the best deal going for grooved concave bearings (equivalent to the Ripple), and it is my favorite bearing all around.

For flat bearings, I have yet to find one that can compare favorably to One Drop’s stock 10-ball flat bearings. I don’t like flat bearings, but I know a high quality bearing when I see one, and the OD flats are exceptional. If you find yourself in love with flat bearings, then I would recommend investing in One Drop flats; I don’t think you would regret it.

And while YYR’s DS bearing is probably top of its class as well, they are considerably more expensive than Buddha Double Doubles, and I’m not so sure the difference in quality is worth the difference in price.

4 Likes