Why do you like G2 Yoyos?

I posted this on Facebook and wanted to ask you the same question. Why do you like G Squared Yoyos?
A very broad question and would like to hear your answers! You guys rock!

3 Likes

I’m gonna come out up front and say I do not own any of your yoyos. My cash doesn’t flow very freely, but with any luck I’ll be ordering a Triton in a couple weeks.

I have, however played with your yoyos at contests a bit and have become acquainted with a couple of your team members. I gotta say, you have a great team (I occasionally dream of being part of it). Jesse and Brandon are some pretty chill guys with tricks to match. And as far as your yoyos go, I’ve tried the Tross and the Triton and I really love how smooth-playing and floaty they are. I’m not sure how exactly to put it, so let’s just say you make some REALLY fun yoyos! Also, I really dig your colorways. Very appealing.

I had an albatross for a while. (Sadly I gave it away) I liked it because it was extremely smooth on the string, felt nice and comfortable in the hand due to being organic, and was rather stable. I also plan on getting a triton, but first I am getting a Chik.

I enjoy the nice comfortable shape of the Nessie. The shape was the first thing I noticed then how smooth it was. I also think using the slightly broader pads was a smart move vs using 19mm pads. I also think the little spike is very unique and a cute little addition to this yoyo. G2 is surprisingly still underrated which I find funny because You guys pump out CLYW quality throws. I know hype is sometimes viewed as a bad thing but Hype can be a good way of getting your name and products out there. You guys need more hype.

Keep in mind it doesn’t have to be specific to our “yoyos”

I also enjoy your involvement in the community. With the constant questions and polls. Shows you care as a company and want to do your best.

I know what I like. I like what GSquared has produced to date. 3 for 3. 2 for 2 for AL7 models, soon to be 3 of 3, for a 6 of 6 total.

Variety, high playability, excellent design. it’s all I ask for from any company

Of course, not every yoyo can be a great match. So far that hasn’t been the case with me and GSquared.

I’ve had a clear ano Nessie for ~9 months now so I will give birth to my abbreviated opinion of this yoyo, which is the only G2 yoyo I have ever played.

The Nessie has a very good sense of control. It really shines with a concave bearing in my opinion. Easy to push fast with when desired and has a nice heft to float ratio. Chopstick tricks are a breeze. This is the only yoyo I have that I can do Harold Owens palm grind/binds with sans glove. The bead blast feels so good. Rejects nicely. Suicide loops really open up with this yoyo. Love the big flowable silicone recess.

It’s certainly not you choice in baseball teams. I like that it’s small business America. The Albatross and Triton play well and are great quality.

who said I do? 8)

In all seriousness, I enjoy the way your yo-yos seem to say “Hey! the person who designed me cares about workmanship and personality.” they really do seem thought out very precisely.

I also enjoy the colors and names. just the icing on the cake.

Don’t like my Indians?

Necro!!!

Lets get some updates almost 11 years later?

G2; Where to start…

Buisness; Three Man American small Hobby. I feel Boss Man does a great job leading and staying out of the way for the most Part. Ron; while not the brightest crayon in the chandelier has on ocassion been helpful. Mr. Jake; One of the nicest and most generous people in the community. Also a Yoyo Boomer.

The attention to detail and high quality standard is a pillar amongst the brand. Being able to see and hear the behind the scenes is also amazing.

11 Likes

3 man? Are you sure it’s not just Jake in three different hats? serious note this is a solid necro post.

G2 is quality to a T. that’s really what it boils down to. A community driven brand that take quality serious and is fair and participates in the larger yoyo community in several awesome ways year after year. We just ignore the spelling.

7 Likes

G2 makes me feel things

your missing out if you haven’t tried.

5 Likes

The other yoyo companies feel like yoyo companies. G2 feels like one guy making yoyos for his friends. And with the g2 community it feels like we’re all in it together. Its one love with the g2 guys. Thats the biggest difference for me.

7 Likes

Cool quality. Simple.

4 Likes

I love the feel of the yoyo in my hand and on the string. My G2 just looks and plays nicer than any of my other throws!

2 Likes

I have only experienced a prototype so far…but what an experience. Jake proved right away to be super cool and easy to approach. Willing to take a concept from others and mold into the perfect design, he has already designed one prototype; The Workhorse, a FABULOUS throw in its own right. But right away with enthusiasm and excitement critiques were considered and, without taking offense, Jake immediately imagined improvements on the design and began planning on a second prototype. What other industry on Earth allows this kind of interaction with an entire company’s design process? It’s unheard of…and yet here it is happening. The quality of the Workhorse speaks volumes to me and had me searching all things G2. Maybe someday I’ll be able to give more input. Nothing but positive from me. You rock Jack…uhh George…uhhh…Jake!!!:rofl:

4 Likes

The ano and designs 1st, my favorites are the quirky ones (Project B, SOY), but all the Ti Release have been complete bangers. The story behind the releases and the brand ascetics have also taken the perception to another level for collectability.

4 Likes