Why do you like G2 Yoyos?

Never got to try a G2 yoyo yet but I enjoy your youtube videos. Very nice ano on the yoyos I’ve saw on here. Some of the best.

3 Likes

Pretty sure it is a Family thing. Jake is an Identical Triplet.

Right! I was excited when I saw the date on this thread. Just had to do it!

3 Likes

Soon I will have a Respawn. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I buy G2 yo-yos because I feel sorry for Jake.

He lives in a tent in the middle of the Forest and he only has roadkill and rainwater to survive on.

All his b grade yo-yo are made from scrap aluminum and he forges them over a campfire with his bare hands.

Jake doesn’t even know how old he is because years ago he ran out of money for cake and candles so he gave up having birthdays.

I figure sooner or later he will come out with a nice playing yo-yo and I will be able to brag about backing up his struggle from the beginning.

Go Jake🥸

12 Likes

Land of Cleves, I’m down.

I like there new yo-yo air freshener.

3 Likes

Good quality, premium packaging, what’s to dislike… at least that’s how I used to think of the brand. Things have changed though, but it’s still among the very best if you got money to squander.

If you want the good rare stuff that’s worth buying/collecting though patreon is the way to go, or just enjoy the low resale value on the BST (unbeatable for the price second hand).

2 Likes

G2 is just a premium product. Incredible designs with intent behind every model, some of the best anodizing and colorways in the business, great packaging and a very tasteful amount of high-quality extra stuff included. Outside of the product itself, Jake is one of the most community focused owners in yoyo. Youtube content, trick tutorials, MMYY, LCAYY, design videos, virtual yoyo club meets, helps facilitate other clubs, discord shenanigans, community designs, and he’s just an all around good person. Ron is pretty cool too.

6 Likes

I’ll make another note. Jake has absolutely learned to listen to his fan base and community and try to do things that the people want. the SOY is absolutely a yoyo I don’t think Jake wanted to make but was fantastic and i can’t wait to see if it becomes the TOY. The workhorse is an awesome project he took up on a whim for YYBC and I couldn’t imagine another brand doing it justice the way Jake has.

Jake does custom orders that always look top notch. We saw the best man stuff he did for someone last year and he did the LLT which doesn’t look like it should work but is super neat.

Don’t get me wrong other brands do custom stuff but Jake has built a following and listens to them which i think goes a long way to becoming a pillar in the yoyo community as a whole.

5 Likes

Not what I was expecting to open the forums to tonight.

Now you got all buttered up where the hook? What do you all want from me? :joy:

Honestly this was really nice to read.

There’s only so much I can do on my end with my product to hope it makes it to your hands and makes you feel a certain way. And reading this it seems like it really hits the spot for a lot of you, and I appreciate that :pray: thank you. Truly.

20 Likes

Office Sales…

Yoyo Draft…

Challenges…

Merch…

Cases…

String…

Club… (Multiple)

All top notch.

9 Likes

I found a second hand Valhalla on Facebook and fell in love so i joined the g2 server. it was clear I had ALOT of questions. I always have ALOT of questions :wink:

Jake is the first person from any yoyo company to call me and answer them personally.

G2 is different and so is the product.

7 Likes

Jake is a top notch guy who makes top notch yoyo’s. Just someone i want to see succeed and do well in business and life. Also love that he’s a big golfer, that makes me want him to do even better.

5 Likes

Always been a huge G2 fan despite really only vibing with a couple of their throws over the years. The biggest thing to me is just what G2 has done for yoyoing as a hobby and community imo.

Back when G2 started, yoyo companies mostly felt like factories (no shade intended, I love YYF) cranking out products for consumers and not much else. Joey with 2Sick and Jake with G2 were a couple of the first individuals that were just like “it would be neat to make a yoyo” as we moved from the 2007-10 era where yoyos didn’t always play so great out of the box, axles could be easy to strip/puncture the hubs if you weren’t careful to the 2012-now era where yoyos are on point and everything is buttery smooth. It has been really cool in the 11+ years since then to see the point where yoyo companies have reached with so many companies being created on similar principles by an individual with a single idea that blossomed into a huge arsenal of yoyos. I can’t help but feel that without Jake, Joey and other early pioneers seeing success and support from the community (and them supporting the community in a big way themselves) we might not have Luftverk or RSO with their super unique finishes on TI yoyos, the huge surge in boutique companies making great organics and slimlines in all kinds of materials, etc. It has always been great to see how active Jake is in the community and it’s nice to see that from the people behind all of these newer companies as well. There aren’t many hobbies where you can regularly trade used sub $100 items with the dude that owns the company behind some of your favorite products.

Also, G2 has the best colorways in the industry by a very large margin imo

ps; Blackout AL7 Arbiter X when?

2 Likes