The Ask G2 Jake Thread

What CAD software do you recommend I’m currently using EMS but its not cutting it and I’m look to upgrade any advice?

Its not?
Its been SPLEDID for me. So so simple to use and has wonderful features. What don’t you like?

Well it’s nice and all but I’ve found it’s a LOT easier to design out of a 3D view. I used Auto Desk inventor at school and it amazing too bad Auto Desk is extremely expensive…

I tend like designing not in 3D haha.
The cutaway view seems really good for designing!

Auto CAD is what we use.

Hey Jake,
I came across these on the kendama forum. Are you getting into the pill business?
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,63412.0.html

Brandon from our team hand makes those. Right now he is only selling them direct. Hope to have them up on the site eventually like I have some Kendamas right now. No plans to make a big move on them, just wanted people to have the option to have G Squared branded one. :slight_smile:

Name change :frowning: I liked capt anxiety

G2 jake sounds a bit more professional

I, too. I won’t complain, though. Thanks for teaching me all those cool GTs :wink:

It was time to switch it up. This was an old Xbox like tag

Would you ever do a budget metal?

Trying to find a way while keeping my quality standards.

Most companies that have budget throws have them made in china for a fraction on the USA cost. I don’t want to do that. Other companies that offer budget yoyos have their own machines, which I also do not.

I’m working with a shop that might help me make a budget yoyo because its my friend that works there. Still not sure what’s happening there.

Short answer. I’m trying but it’s still far away from happening

How does that all work? Does the shop charge you for each proto even if it’s not to your liking? Last time I checked I thought OD did your machining so if they are nice about it do you know what other shops do?

Prototyping has a set cost on the first try. After that any adjustments I want to make are charged by the hour depending on the significance of the changes and how many I am going to order.

What’s your favorite finish or blast type?

Do you have any plans to revisit the older designs, aka more runs of the Tross or Nessie, or the respective AL7 versions of both? Or are you just looking to the future at this point.

Bead blasted.

I have some raw tross and Nessies sitting in storage. I’m sure ill get some ano put on them at some point.

You should do a giveaway with them :smiley: