The Ask G2 Jake Thread

AL7 are the same just denser. The weight is distributed how we want on the 6061 the 7075 just adds a little weight while keeping the weight distributed how we originally wanted.

Criticism is good. It’s drives me to be better. Depending on what the criticism is, if its an opinion about my product that’s good. I want to hear peoples honest opinions. Not just hype it up because they own one, which sadly happens a lot in the yoyo world.

I love seeing positive reviews on products. I like to make yoyos I like based on what the community is telling me they want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will you ever make a yoyo with helicoil inserts, or side effects?

Any chances G2 will make anything in the undersized range? I know it’s not as popular as it used to be but something in the 50-52mm range that looked similar to the triton would be awesome

It’s possible. I have thought about a specific design that would be based on side effects.

Are the new anodized in house or A anodizer?

Yep, I’ll make a pocket throw eventually. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if this has been answered somewhere, but are you coming to worlds?

An anodizer. I don’t have the time or space to do my own anodizing.

Nope. With my job I can’t have off the first 10 business days of any month.

Yeah, when you put it that way, it makes sense. I wouldn’t change the way my Nessie feels, so there’s no sense trying to change the distribution just because you can.

Curious, what are your 2 other jobs you’ve mentioned?

I work full time as a fixed asset accountant at a private transportation company.

And I still work part time at church/school doing random jobs for 20 hours a week.

You have ridiculous time management skills. I do much much less than that, and I struggle to find time to work on my side projects :stuck_out_tongue:

One more question - do you have any zany/off-the-wall yoyo design ideas that you’d like to test? A few days ago I was thinking of an axle-free yoyo design, where the two halves have super strong magnets in the bearing seat to hold it together. Would solve the issue of axle stripping, though you’d need a fully ceramic bearing for it to work.

Got any out-of-the-box ideas like that?

Nothing that far out of the box. I’ve drawn up a couple very unique shapes but I don’t think you guys are looking for them yet :slight_smile:

Actually, I think that some more extravagant/unique shapes would be good for your lineup. The Albatross and Triton have very simple, organic shapes, and while the Nessie is less so, it is still a fairly simple concept. Some people aren’t attracted to shapes like that, so if you did something more dramatic, it could draw those people in. And it would diversify your product line anyways, which is good.

I think the world is ready for some zaniness from Gsquared.

Jake, if the Quake gets released, there should be an “earth” color way, so we can call it the “earthquake” :smiley:

2 Likes

If you had to live in a world where hugs didn’t exist, how sad would you be?

I like that idea :slight_smile:

Having just completed my trio of G-squared throws, I can say that the triton and albatross are remarkably different given their very similar specs. It’s a good way to show how important non-dramatic design changes can be!

So in a way, I agree with Jake; they don’t need to go shape-crazy, their designs have enough variety in style. But ultimately, bonkers shapes will get a lot more people looking at G2, if just in a viral “check out this mad design” way, and you’ll likely acquire a bunch of converts!

Why not show us the CADs and have us vote on them? =)

Not to sad. I’m not a big hug guy