The 2019 World Yo-Yo Contest Thread

That’s why I chose 3A semis lol

1 Like

YAY I’m going!!! I can’t wait… WHOOOOO!!!

So fun. I’m sorry all those people who can’t come.:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:.

4 Likes

around 1:30 Friday at the YYE booth is when I’m trying to get a meet going if you are interested

2 Likes

Ok sounds good I will try to be there, thanks a lot!!!:grin:.

1 Like

I found out my girlfriend and I will be there at 2 on friday, if that works.

1 Like

MAYBE I WANNA WATCH 3a SEMIS JACOB

3 Likes

Sorry! it is just a convenient time for every- COUGH COUGH Patrick COUGH COUGH one.

Wait that can work

So.ill be around sometime close to when you all are meeting up

1 Like

@JohnnyJ @TheYoyoer27 @hobbygod @Damb @Cmac @yofanatic05 and anyone else, maybe 2:30 to 4 or something like that? Meet at the YYE booth, @AndreBoulay I hope you guys will have a booth? if they don’t then I will send a backup plan to this thread ASAP as possible. See you all in 3 weeks.

4 Likes

I’m down man, this sounds fun :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh also it would help majorly if everyone knew what we all look like, so please put up a pic of yosalf if you can. Or in the case of kids, DM me a picture of you and at least one of us will know. I have confirmed many times that I am a kid.

4 Likes

This is sooooo awesome:

13 Likes

Wow, what a great idea

1 Like

Very awesome! I love retro yo-yo stuff…

1 Like

Glad to see folks are getting excited. It’s a mile-a-minute over here right now, lol.

The competitor patches turned out great! For those wondering, the contest patch will be available for sale by itself in limited quantities at the contest. Upon checking in, each competitor will get a special card with art from all four patches, and the main contest patch already attached to it.

There will also be LARGE patches for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each division. Instead of trophies I wanted something that both tied in with the “modern vintage” theme we were going for, and was also a bit more practical and useful. So each winner patch will come in a shadow box with a magnetic closure, and is just mounted with pins. This means the top 3 in each division can easily open the frame and rearrange things to add their competitors laminate, an event sticker, and whatever other small souvenirs they like to make a truly customized keepsake of the event.

The World Champions will also get a special custom-made Champion jacket, created for us by the fine folks at Self Edge. More info on those later, though. :wink:

24 Likes

Woahhh a jacket just for the winner sounds pretty neat.

Is Hajime gonna flex again this year by making a post wearing 2 jackets :joy:

10 Likes

Lmao

No Hajime gonna flex with 5 jackets

Oh wait 6 I forgot about spintop…

2 Likes

Any chance a non “winner branded” jacket will be available to purchase? I’d kill for something like that.

7 Likes