The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Makin’ em look easy! Phew! :fire:

1 Like

I was at the Ottawa yoyo club meet up this afternoon. A new person showed up. He had these yoyos, said he had had them mafe by Duncan years ago, and gave me one.
Does anyone know anything about it.
The play very well with the wooden axle.
Makes me want to land this week’s FAF2024 trick Backhand balance to lunar landing.
I have been able to land the balanve part twice so far. Not the lunar landing part yet though.

14 Likes

That looks like a ProYo with a set of special order caps.

5 Likes

I think you are correct. I did hear the word proyo.
Fun little yoyo.
Thanks

3 Likes

Nice! I love my proyos!
Also Hey fellow Canuck!

2 Likes

I have seen a couple of proyos on here. But never in person. I am really amazed how fun it is.
I am noticing there are a lot of people on here from Ontario.
Cheers

4 Likes

The pro-yos feel nice, especially the Pro-fly. I just wish the caps didn’t feel so flimsy.

4 Likes

@Overtinkering @Canspin65 I’m in Ontario too! :blush: Just outside of Guelph.

4 Likes

I’m more and more convinced all the coolest yoyo folks live in Canada

2 Likes

On the topic of pro-yo, I do have this unique one from the 90s with my local hockey team’s colors and branding.

10 Likes

Oh right on. That’s closer.
I’m London!

1 Like

I was a huge proyo guy in the 90’s. Here’s some of my favorites from before Duncan purchasing proyo.
There was a yo-yo store here in Las Vegas in the 90’s that held local contests. Good times back then.

19 Likes

Bro-Flip Late Varial

11 Likes

A few things. (1) My attempt at Varial Grind. It’s more of a bump than a grind I guess but polycarbonate doesn’t grind as well as wood, or maybe I’m just not that good. I was so excited when I hit the first one that I almost missed the return haha. (2) 180 Varial to Chopsticks. Simple little trick. (3) 540 Varial Suicide (4) Under Mount Flip over the arm

20 Likes

Hey thanks for all the help folks! Many of my problems with The Thing were, indeed, fixed with a good dose of silicone grease - way more than I expected.

I have two things to report:

1. I have landed my first trapeze stall, and it was super joyous.
  2. I got a gorgeous El Mijo polycarbonate, and over the course of an hour today I went from “WTF was I thinking I’m just a beginner I can’t land $*#! on this” to “ooohhh, this response just feels goooood” to landing a double or nothing and return and feeling like a total god. Now for the trapeze stall.
14 Likes

Hell yeah!

Yo I’ve been beefhooking on a butterfly hah idk why really but it was fun to think of a dismount and imma try to land in a stall I think .

21 Likes

I can only beef hook like 3% of the time on responsive yoyos lol kuds

1 Like

I can only beefhook like 0% of the time on
Unresponsive yo-yos :skull:

4 Likes

Nice!!! Beefhooking a butterfly. Poetic. And truly amazing. Good one Henry!

2 Likes