The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

What’s the yo? With all that hippedy hoppedy I can’t quite make it out.

1 Like

Lol deep state

1 Like

Oh hell yeah, I love me some Deep State tricks. Did you sticky up the bearing or it’s just stock?

1 Like

Not yet bc it was super close to what I like out of the box but I switched to a slightly fatter string and it’s plays how I want now. I like it semi-responsive for playing with midschool era tricks and I like using legend wing or theodore for the more modern 0a style w more stalls and those kinds of tricks.

Deep state is super super fun so far! I love throwing Theodore, which is kind of made for what I want, but I am legit scared to throw that yoyo super hard bc it’s 70g and I’m bad at throwing 0a hard still. Deep state is fun and comfy and won’t absolutely destroy me if it snags. I want to get better at throwing it harder to land spirit bomb and black hops responsive bc when I do them, I run out of enough spin to return it to hand at the end of the tricks.

2 Likes

This Weekender is going to ruin what little fixed axle game I had. I mean I learned on fixed axle, but after throwing this a while, my wood yo-yos feel like bricks.

23 Likes

The Weekender is a crazy good yoyo

3 Likes

What is the green bi-metal one?

1 Like

It’s a SPYY Flying V. Not actually a bimetal, just polished rims. A great slimline throw!

4 Likes

@edhaponik signature SPYY Flying V, before Polished Rims were coined “Bi-Metal Styling” by @Gentry_Stein and @yyfben2.deactivated

3 Likes

Those butt faces Steve and Ed deliberately tried to mislead people with their dubious marketing…… right right right

4 Likes

The rims really do work though, shiny rims make it more aerodynamic, plus they make me look slimmer.

5 Likes

“If we make them think it’s a BI-metal, they’ll ignore the fact that this yo-yo is designed to make all the tricks they love harder!”

9 Likes

sold me at “make my tricks harder”

2 Likes

New found respect for the earliest Duncan demonstrators that could do all the looping and string tricks on the old one piece wood yo-yos. These aren’t high wall, they were all wall! There is just no slop factor at all and the spin time is so limited. It’s really hard to do tricks I have done hundreds of times with this 1955 reproduction. Kinda humbling that’s for sure.

16 Likes

Not to take away from this thought…

But in the Duncan Documentary, the demonstators that were still around, made comments on how they used sand paper to Modify their yoyos. I.e flaring the gap.

5 Likes

Yeah. You can hot rod a Honda Cub all day long but it’s still not going to keep up with a box stock Ducati Panigale V4 R. That is to say, modern throws are easier to hit string tricks on.

5 Likes

Absolutely!!!

3 Likes

Same trick I posted in the Fixed Axle Friday thread but with a better shot of the varial. Kind of lame to post the same trick twice I guess, but this thread needs bumping anyway.

Edit: “Bird Flip” - an Ed Haponik trick

19 Likes

This is sick I’m glad you reposted it I didn’t know what a varial was and pictured the wrong thing hah!

2 Likes

Unless I missed something I didnt see a varial. I saw a killer bird flip though. Varial is like a kickflip, but a 360 spin and catch back in trapeze stall.

4 Likes