The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

It really shouldn’t require regular lubing. I’ve only ever lubed on bearing in my RBCs. I feel like something might not be right about yours if it requires this.

Oh and thin lube is what I used.

2 Likes

Its february

18 Likes

I have been throwing my RBC every day since they came out. The response is spot on for me. I have never need to take it apart or lube it. It is as close to a perfect response for me as I am ever likely to see.

4 Likes

I love this but it should come with a mouth guard. Seriously.

15 Likes

Sir, More info on what this is please?

2 Likes

Imperfect return but still

18 Likes

Not sure if this is a ‘modern’ responsive, but it’s kind of fun in an unpredictable way, like racing a step van.

16 Likes

That looks pretty cool. Haven’t seen that one before.

1 Like

Before dot coms and upc codes, the hot set up. I want a giant full color cartoon trick book.

16 Likes

Is waxing the string still a thing? Does anyone do this?

I sometimes use a little lib balm on the loop of fresh cotton string with a wooden fixed axle.

1 Like

missed my calling as a hand model.
never occurred to me to open this lol. to me wax is just superfluous with the smoothness of modern axles.

15 Likes

Ha ha, you do have very clean looking hands, but I think David Duchovny has you beat.

1 Like

That package looks VERY familiar.

Personally a Good News , Bad News situation…

Bad News - I no longer have my Duncan string & wax pack
Good News - I still have the Yo-Yo. - BTW Yo-Yo was $1.29

9 Likes

I’m on the lookout for a Gold Award Imperial like that one. The more recent model is so different; the glitter bits are just way too big in them. I want one like I had as a kid, which is what you have there. I guess I just have to keep staking out eBay for one.

4 Likes

This is my Duncan White Collection of responsives.

First row: Imperial, Butterfly, Butterfly XT
Second row: Professional, ProYo, Freehand One

All of these, except for the Professional, were either brand new or NOS. I don’t actually have a white Imperial, so the Glow Imperial is standing in for one. Judging from recent eBay searches, it seems all the white Imperials out there are old and banged up pretty good.

19 Likes

That pro yo is amazing

3 Likes

Man I want a Freehand 1 so bad. They’re hard to get in Australia. I am playing a Butterfly XT right now and love it, would you know the main differences in play?

2 Likes

The Freehand One is far more powerful (i.e., spins longer and faster) than a Butterfly XT. Don’t get me wrong, I think the Butterfly XT is a superb yoyo for starting out; far better than an Imperial or Butterfly. But I regard the Freehand One as a major step up in power and performance from the Butterfly XT. The Butterfly XT makes for a great EDC throw thanks to its smaller size, but when you want to kick it into a higher gear, you’ll want to be reaching for a Freehand One.

7 Likes