The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

thats a bummer, but kind of expected. hopefully its not too bad lol i really love the way this plays

It’s not bad at all. You’ll get plenty of time in the sweet spot.

1 Like

I used to use Brain Lube in a YWET that I had setup responsive. When I was playing a lot each day, couple hours a day, I’d need to relube it at least once a week. When I switched to adding Brain Lube to a greased rubber shield, I can go quite awhile without having to add more.

I can’t remember the brand, but I started taking a rubber shield (the last batch I bought were pretty bad, they were all unresponsive), adding Brain Lube (6-8 drops), spinning it to get it in there good, then taking a green bearing grease and putting it in the bearing. It stays pretty consistent like this. I can go 6 months with no maintenance. But I do have a good half dozen that I play through. So not sure how long I’d get if I just stuck to one.

3 Likes

Once a week isnt bad for continuous play on one yoyo!

When I was using greasy rubber shielded bearings I was getting WEEKS and WEEKS of continuous play without regreasing, but I have 4-6 yoyos I swap between too. If I can get a month without maintanence swapping back/forth between yoyos I’m oging to be stoked, even 2 weeks between lubes on individual yoyos isnt that bad.

2 Likes

My last adquisition and unique wood yoyo.

I really like it.

How is a no jive compared with this?

16 Likes

Nice pipe and a wooden yoyo. What could be better? :wink:

3 Likes

Unless you mean the rare laminated ones, No Jives are generally lighter, less inclined toward long sleepers, a bit better on loops and regens, and obviously more tunable/adjustable. Apollo is a terrific yoyo, and a staple of early 00’s “fixed axle challenge” because it handles string tricks so well. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

nice looking rig you have there in the background…looks to be a direct drive wheel?

you on the iRacing?

kgb

1 Like

Haha ironically my son is ALSO obsessed w iRacing and sim racing. He races under Edward Haponik.

4 Likes

i’m not obsessed but i do enjoy the racing…well, i usually enjoy it. some races are terrible.

my “rig” is not that nice. just a wheel stand that i strap to my desk chair w/ a modified Logitech G920. works well and I’ve had it for years.

i’d love a direct drive but i spend my play money on throws…lol

kgb

2 Likes

Yeah.
It’s a Fanatec csl dd.

12 Likes

I referred to the no jive because it really is a classic that I would like to have and it is usually on the auction page.

The most common with the engraving on the imperial side is the right one to have?
I think I will use it mainly in wing shape.

I really like the apollo but because it’s glued it has an expiration date with use…

1 Like

if you will mainly use it in wing, then any of them are great (just avoid the imperial shaped laser engraved mandalas). but a flying camel or wing mandala with the engravings on the flat sides ill do you just as well asa typical imperial-stamped no jive. if you want the most classic, it’s probably this one.

10 Likes

Yeah , I want that one because it’s the most classic and at the same time seems the easiest to get.

Should the two valves have the same wood pattern or doesn’t matter if one has more grain than the other?

1 Like

doesn’t matter. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks !

I just bought one :smile:

This one :

19 Likes

Nice vintage from the original SF workshop days. Should treat you right! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

With the Apollo what string would your recommend? Asside from the obvious cotton what’s your go to?
I have been fortunate to get my hands on one recently!

Try zipline kotn summer edition it’s super solid

5 Likes

1 Like