The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Yes sir, I am on it, and thank you!

1 Like

I would definitely recommend the RBC(Red Bloodcell) from MK1 x Spinworthy as another great metal responsive. Its definitely in the same wheelhouse as the Weekender and Daytripper as far as that super snappy almost fixie feel. High walls and nice and light great for stalls and kickflips. Been very impressed with it. I think there are a good amount still in stock

12 Likes

Theres a ton of good tips for modern responsive stall based play here. super fun to combine this style play with traditional responsive 1a style tricks. Theres actually a ton of good resources early on in this thread. I know theres a post with a list of a ton of modern responsive yoyos, but I cant find it now. You already have 2 of my favorite modern responsive yoyos. I migth recommend the Respawn Lite from GSquared, and the RBC from MK1 and Spinworthy as well.

5 Likes

Been playing a lot of the el Mijo lately. Really love being able to go back and forth between a lightly greased slim bearing, and the bearing blank. I plan on taking the fixie version with me when I go out to desert parties this summer.

6 Likes

Just posted an el mijo review, super solid throw

2 Likes

The only thing I’d change after a few weeks is the weight, still feels just a smidge too heavy. I wouldnt even mind it being a little on the heavy side (for me at least), arond 53-54g.

Does anyone know if straight beeswax works for responsiveness on cotton string?

I tried it, I would not suggest it

1 Like

Love seeing a story unfold in so few posts. That you for doing the research for the rest of us!

3 Likes

Anybody know if this skateboard currier unscrews?

7 Likes

Yes Curriers unscrew and have replaceable axles, they are brass inserts.

4 Likes

Some of the old ones didn’t and I can’t tell if this one does, don’t want to break it

Does it have Recess branding?

No, I did some looking and I think it may be one of the earlier versions

If you take the string off and look inside you should be able to see if there is a sleeve or just a solid axle. Probably won’t be able to take a photo tonight, but I will take a photo of the two. There’s a difference when you look at the axle.

3 Likes

Yup it’s not one that unscrews

1 Like

I would have been surprised if a take-apart lined up like that.

2 Likes

Same here actually

Looking to trade this for other fixies! Send me offers!

I got this guy today, it’s a no response version, but I am having trouble getting response in general from it. I shaved the axle a bit which helped to a degree, and I used chapstick, any other suggestions?

2 Likes