The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Howdy! Welcome to the forums.
I’ve been running it’s sister- the metal drifter- as a responsive. Super fun organic, sometimes a little too snappy on the return. Always a good time.

3 Likes

Welcome to the fun zone. Cherish any yoyo you dig!

2 Likes

Ooh I had a metal racer a few years ago, real good for backhand balance flips

2 Likes

Quick pac-man whip (a signature trick of mine), which used to be an unresponsive only trick, now in fixie.

19 Likes

Thats incredible. What are you using there?

5 Likes

Thanks! I’m using that good ol’ Harbinger.

6 Likes

You are insanely skilled. Wow!

5 Likes

Still in the process of sending you your EOS version.

6 Likes

beyond excited!

Talk of good YoYos for 1A got me to put in some Spirit Bomb reps today. After two in a row I tried to get one on video. Still in a state of shock!

The TMBR LoveJoy is amazing for these!

13 Likes

@Myk_Myk deleted his comment cuz he is a nice guy, but he is right. What I’m doing isn’t Spirit Bomb!!! Apparently I’ve been missing the double on part, but combined the hop and arm cross part into a slightly more difficult simultaneous pop and cross motion. Back to the drawing board I guess.

On the bright side, it seems I inadvertently invented a new trick. I’m gonna called it Bombed Spirit…:pensive:

Here it is in slow motion.

11 Likes

Bombed Spirit is rad! I’ve been meaning to say, you kill it with the fixed axle tricks @TheThrowingGnome! Keep it up!!

6 Likes

Here’s something simple I landed today. https://youtu.be/mCfbO5gfIIo

4 Likes

Just some Fixed Axle boinging:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLx2u4SBjbR/?igshid=7jfmc6xjvsx0

With this yoyo!

9 Likes

Since I’m not able to throw as much today do to a bad elbow, I decided to spend some time making axles for my Proyo and Profly. Here’s my first attempt.

homemade axle on the right. I’m not sure what type of wood I used, it looks like walnut, but feels too soft to be that. Next I’m going to try oak and purpleheart

11 Likes

Nice!

Looks like you put some serious time on that original axle!

It looks pretty good!

1 Like

Thanks! That axle has definitely seen many hours of use.

1 Like

Proyo/profly axles are finished. Do to losing power I had wait until today to finish the walnut and purple heart ones. From left to right, stock axles, mystery wood, walnut, and purple heart.

Installed the purple heart axle in my proyo and its playing better than ever.

12 Likes

I never liked purpleheart for axles. I just don’t get the response reliability I’m after with it.

Tasmanian oak remains response boss.:muscle:

4 Likes