The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

That yoyo looks familiar.

1 Like

Loving the Maple! Thanks @Myk_Myk!

1 Like

That yoyo really “threw” me when I first got it. I felt like I was throwing the wood version of a Replay! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s definitely large and in charge! I still prefer the 19’ smaller version, but the maple is nice too! I’m gonna put in maple axle and caps today!

3 Likes

The shape, too.

1 Like

I’ve notice 0A has some kendama influence with some of the back of the hand balance moves. I’ve also notice in the current word of kendama a lot of 1A string trick influence and how 8 finger string lengths have made sting tricks en’vogue; such as Ninja Vanish and GT Ken stalls. Bringing it back full circle here is a trick concept influenced by Tama pulls I like to call Dead Whips. Basically, whipping a dead yo-yo into a mount and doing a Re-Engineer. This is also a good technique to tighten up those laceration whips and adding some flair to the classic Engineer Windups. These were all done on a @DocPop branded YYF Legend Wing and YYE Type-10 cotton. Dead Whip Hidemasa hook, Ninja Vanish and a Wrist Whip GT.

11 Likes

So great!

3 Likes

Its a throws n brews afternoon

11 Likes

Cool video, thanks for posting that. Legend Wings are surprisingly fun, aren’t they?

4 Likes

They are definitely the best bang for the buck no doubt there. There is also something to be said about one piece designs that just play great, something that Pedro Flores knew all along.

6 Likes

PockEht Battle scars :disappointed_relieved:
String broke and smacked the floor hard my poor cherrywood. Little crack and some scuffs but I think its intact thankfully but my heart stopped for second

6 Likes

Someone could correct me if I’m wrong, but maybe a little superglue wicked into that crack would stabilize it?

2 Likes

I was gonna ask I haven’t damaged too many of my yoyos so not familiar with common repair techniques

1 Like

That’s probably what I would try, but let’s see other suggestions!

Thin CA will wick down into cracks, and you could quickly wipe off the excess.

Sorry man! One of the high friction hazards!

2 Likes

No worries its still perfectly playable it happens part of the hazard of fixed play lol
You forget how much speed a yoyo has until it cuts loose from the string holy cow kinetic energy amirite lol

4 Likes

I’ve smacked an eHTEEN and did the @edhaponik recommend super glue repair. Still plays great :+1: see hyperlinks below

5 Likes

I haven’t seen a solid wood yoyo crack before. I wonder if a hairline crack was already present in it when you got it and the hit it took was the final straw.

The basecamp soft coated wing I have is phenomenal. The only thing wings need is weight and the coating really adds the perfect amount.

3 Likes

Hi all, has anyone tried the Duncan Metal Racer for modern responsive play? I got mine yesterday and after playing with it for a few hours I’ve come to really liking it.

9 Likes

I haven’t, but glad you’re digging it. I have mostly been rocking either a new (to me) Hildy Bros Currier or a Jon Gates one piece fixie this month — have trapeze down and now am working on the flyaway dismount.

Welcome to the Forums!

4 Likes