The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

There were people taking short video and Elephark was taking stills of everything. I had the final up on IG Live. Beyond that I’m not aware.

1 Like

I just happened to open IG as the “finals” were starting. Thanks for doing that!

2 Likes

@edhaponik you have the best avatar BTW!

You’ve inspired me to change mine. Not as cool as I’d hoped, but better than “M”…

If you click on it, you can see it pretty well.

I wanted the “Orphan” to be in the pic, but it didn’t work out.

5 Likes

This Alleycat 650 is my second nice modern al responsive (first was the Gamer). I really like the way it plays. The Gamer was a little too heavy for stall style play, and this one is refreshingly lighter.

I’ve been trying some different stuff, here’s a sample!

10 Likes

Been throwing the Alleycat all week. Now 1a feels suuuuuper weird…

8 Likes

I did this exact thing a couple months ago when my 650b came in. SUPER weird. And I agree the Gamer is too heavy for stall play but I do it anyway because HECK THE LAW.

4 Likes

It’s crazy right?! I’ve been solidly throwing unresponsive this week just to stay sharp. I also almost always tug them expecting them to come back haha

2 Likes

Yep, pretty much sums it up. How strange…

I’ve had a few of my nice unresponsive throws hit the ground trying to give them a responsive snap start lol. An easy way to make yourself feel silly.

3 Likes

I’ve found that those trapeze-bind-breakaway cold starts work surprisingly well for unresponsives too.

2 Likes

Fixie stuff: branding / drop suicide.

com-resize(4)

23 Likes

YES!!! I love this!

2 Likes

dang that’s nice.

1 Like

Was that Branding just from a straight 1.5 mount?

1 Like

Yes! That’s exactly what it is.

1 Like

That’s crazy good!

1 Like

I’ve been trying to build an unresponsive combo from that move the last few days.

1 Like

It’s a nice transition. Good thing is that it puts you straigth down into a trapeze, from which the possibilities are endless.

3 Likes

Hydrogen mount stall flip, or Hydrogen Flip for short on a Hildy Brothers Azalea;

8 Likes

How the heck you can throw a Branding on a fixed axle I have no idea…

5 Likes