The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Latest custom caps. “The One Ring” ProYo II:

17 Likes

You’ve got to bind it in the darkness!

4 Likes

Nice one bruv

Pardon my excitement(language)

1 Like

That looks so cool, easily on a par with the green Cthulhu themed ones!

1 Like

I just got a duncan butterfly XT and its amazing, im working on stalls and just trying to get use to throwing a responsive yoyo

5 Likes

Careful. It’s addictive.

3 Likes

I think its too late, im in too deep into this 0A, I might never come back

2 Likes

Only the yoyos come back in 0a.

6 Likes

so true

1 Like

Hey guys!

Little to zero knowledge about Fixies, so I thought saying hi here is a good place to start :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello, Lots of good links in the top of this thread to get you on your 0A journey. My favorite is The Fixed Axle Megathread of Awesomeness

3 Likes

Thank you @Exmime this is perfect!

I will go study :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Be careful what you wish for. I stuck to purely fixies and 0A play during fixed axle February and still have yet to transition back to 1A. I am gradually becoming a poor man’s Ed Haponick.

So I landed a new trick today. Well, not really, but another variation. Id call it a no-comply kickflip. What I do is instead of do a regular kickflip out of the trapeze stall, I grab the yoyo and flip it that way instead. Different feel, different trick. Im still trying to land a double kickflip, and this was an idea I had to make the flip easier (still hasn’t worked for me yet though).

As a side note, I feel like I should start filming instead of just commenting on what im doing. Not like im any good, but still.

6 Likes

i actually started playing fixie, its pretty fun. gives me a break from unresponsive and is just great.
i only have a duncan butterfly though. what do you guys recommend for modern responsive? looking to purchase one off the store on yoyoexpert.

3 Likes

If you don’t wanna break the bank, the new butterfly xt is for sure the way to go! My personal favorite modern responsive is the docpop weekender tho, I’m not sure if they’re still in stock or not.

7 Likes

Legend Wing is also great.

The bearing ones @gcoomans listed would give more contrast in in play to the Butterfly you have.

5 Likes

@AKYOYOMIKE, maybe this is the tread you wanted.:sunglasses:
Fixed/modern responsive shared space.

Put your trick here buddy!
And a little more responsive lube too.:wink:

3 Likes

@Mystik thanks for the heads up… i’l work on something and try to post again here today.

3 Likes

@drewtetz new yoyo Insta page it on fire. OG Freehand 1 5A/OA Kickflips threading the counterweight. Light years ahead

9 Likes

For sure one of my favorite yoyo shots I’ve taken :slight_smile:

14 Likes