The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Yeah, when I turn my spectraply I’m going to have to experiment with getting the right weight.

You should have a spot to add rubber weight rings.

The concept of rubber rings on a wooden yoyo makes me feel Ill.

4 Likes

If it’s too light, you’ll just have to make a “Ballsy” with the SpectraPly! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You can count on some SpectraPly Ballsies!

4 Likes

In terms of play feel, how does a Ballsy differ from, say, a Knack?

1 Like

Power! Power!!!

It’s wider too…

It’s really nice in the hand, and does all the same stuff really well. It’s still my favorite model, but I don’t always tend to be in line with everybody else’s tastes.

3 Likes

Oh good gods yes please.

1 Like
3 Likes

The Ballsy is quite different from the KNack. It has a larger diameter, it’s wider and has a slight scalloped or H shape. It’s good for all kinds of fixed axle play but can really shine with longer 1A style string tricks, too. The width means it won’t be amazing for looping.

The updated Ballsy has the same transitional dimple that the KNack has which cuts out excessive weight, improves the weight distribution for maximising spin time and opens up sweet, sweet dimple trick opportunities. Currently, only @Myk_Myk has one of those.

The look of it in Spectraply will be really nice. I will spin one up on the weekend (providing I have first time success with SpectraPly).

4 Likes

I knew there was a trade off I was missing. I just love mine so much, I couldn’t think of it.

Also, some might not like the extra weight for stalls and STMs and such. It’s fully capable at those with practice, however. Does them just as well for me, but I do play mine a lot, so I’m really used to it.

3 Likes

So, after throwing my new EHknown I figured that I would experiment with kickflips and sich since I landed the (I think it was) lunar flip (the one handed kickflip), and I finally landed a kickflip! Ok, not just one, but probably 10 by now, lol. Fixed axle Feb is finally paying off. I can land probably one in 5 without ever landing one before. So much fun! :smiley:

8 Likes

Hells yes. I’m at about 50% success now up from maybe 10% at the beginning of Feb.

4 Likes

The new Ballsy sounds really good. Could be a great replacement for that Harbinger of mine you dislike. If only it came in blue/yellow SpectraPly…

3 Likes

I can definitely see getting a higher success rate in the future. I thought it was impossible until I landed the single hand one (lunar flip I think Ed called it). Now I can kind of spot it in the air and catch it. It is only a matter of time before I get the feel and can land them consistently. At first I was disappointed in my progress of tricks from only throwing fixed in Feb, but now that I think about it ive probably come a long way from where I was.

3 Likes

Well of course now I’ve been busy practicing loops on the Ballsy! :laughing:

I’ve been pretty successful too. They’re really “loooops”…

3 Likes

I almost gave up. I told myself this February would be the last hurrah and if I didn’t get it, I’d be happy with my stalls and regens and limited fixie-1a stuff.

Then I got it! Record was 7 in a row.

Makes me smile every time I land one.

4 Likes

Welp…

Felt a little unresponsive even with a fresh string so I went to give it a turn and it was immediately crunchy. Tried ccw to unscrew and it snapped. Does YYE sell the axles?

3 Likes

I have an extra I can send you. Pm me your address

7 Likes

For future reference, in case you ever need one:

2 Likes