The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Nailed my first kickflip during sundown.

Then celebrated by doing more! Thanks for the help guys @AaronW and @edhaponik.

Ironically, although I skated for a long time in the late 90s/early 00s , I could never kickflip!:joy:

4 Likes

this!!! the worst part was i stood regular foot, but pushed off goofy, and i could never change it up!

1 Like

Nice! I have found that I am hitting about 30% now since throwing almost exclusively fixed for the last two weeks. Practice makes perfect!

2 Likes

@Glenacius_K - Broke my Knack yesterday by slamming it into the ceiling. How should I fix it? Got the wood clamps and glue, just need something to bridge the gap. How many playing cards? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Bummer @eternalmetal !

You just need 2 stacks of 8 playing cards wedged either side of the axle.

Make sure you don’t use too much glue. Just put a drop in and spread it around the walls with a cotton tip. Remove any excess with the other end.

Squeeze the halves back together and align the grain. You can tell by looking at the endgrain of the halves. the should look like a reflection of each other if it is aligned properly.

Clamp, or place on a hard flat surface with another heavy, flat object on top.

Leave for 24h while the glue dries.

It should be as good as new!

8 Likes

If you get any glue that squeezes out as you’re putting it together, you can take an old cotton string, wrap it around the axle a couple of times and pull it through the gap to clean off the excess. Then you can set the gap, and clamp it.

5 Likes
6 Likes

This inspires me to try and do a kickflip while doing a kickflip

1 Like

I want to thank you. With this clip, you have given me some ideas for tricks to try.

2 Likes

@eternalmetal please let me know if you are successful in glueing your KNack back together. If it’s not working out for you, I will send you a replacement.

3 Likes

Me?! Inspire you?! Gonna make me blush.

That would be pretty impressive😎

Only if i manage to land it lol

1 Like

Thanks for the kind offer, but im hoping that won’t be necessary. There was no damage to the axle and very little to the Beech. Im thinking it should glue together just fine. So I got it clamped with Tightbond and some playing cards. Ill let you know tomorrow how it fares.

6 Likes

5-0a Friday! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Random 0A question for y’all…
So I have both C-bearing and A-bearing modern responsives. Why does shooting the moon feel much different on the A vs C bearing? In my experience, the C-bearing feels like it responds better where the A-bearing feels like it’s far easier to mess up, doesn’t like being snapped as much as the C-bearing. Not sure if I’m explaining the feeling right.

1 Like

Uber funky😎

It’s not as much to do with the bearing size. It’s more to do with the size of the bearing in conjunction with the gap width.

The only A sized responsive I’ve tried was the 650B. I don’t find it good for shooting the moon, not because it has an A bearing, but because the gap is too wide for that size bearing.

3 Likes

Insane. I was saving all my 5-0A for my FFF entry, but watching this is making me want to post them right now :rofl: :sob:

4 Likes

Toga! Toga!

Err wait…Do it! Do it!

1 Like