The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Gotta try that cross arm-switch catch next.

6 Likes

Nothing special but somewhat of a milestone for me - within the last week, been working on rolling out of stalls, particularly an undermount stall.

Found a use again for my old Duncan Dragonfly too while I was at it - it does have the wrong caps as I lost the Dragonfly caps back when. For those unaware, the YYF confusion is identical to the shape of the Duncan Dragonfly (which is really a Turbo Bumblebee GT/Butterbee for you 90’s throwers out there).

6 Likes

Them rollouts are super satisfying. I found myself today just standing in front of Return of the Jedi going back and forth between stalls and rolls.

3 Likes

My friend was trying to get me to do those as a repeater. He called them zippers.
Look in good @AngryGumball.

yup zipper stalls - sooooo many variations!

5 Likes

Just took it out of the vice, strung it up, and gave it a 5 minute session. Plays exactly the same! As much as id like another KNack (cherry next time!), mine is back in action. I sure missed it these last two days, thanks for the repair instructions!

9 Likes

Good stuff right there. Digging the zip variations too.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing with the latest (as far as I know) Survivalist proto from @Glenacius_K, I think he should make more, cuz he has a winner!

I can STM better on it than any other yoyo. The response it spot on. I’m really enjoying it!

4 Likes

180 freehand varial!

9 Likes

Now do a 360.

Side note: Has anyone else tried the Zipline cotton!? It’s uh-maze-ing.

2 Likes

Grinding to land it.

Progress report: It seems almost impossible as of right now. A full rotation just screws up the balance between the yoyo + counterweight into an unpredictable erratic mess. Theorically it’s possible… but i’m still in the dark with this one.

1 Like

Looking at a Moonshine 2 as a little birthday gift to myself… Anyone with experience with it, how are they in the whole 0a world?

1 Like

pretty fun as a slippery eel/ mobius thing as well!

2 Likes

Wild! and you landed this ages ago! I wish i saw these before attempting the same things but + a counterweight.

2 Likes

just means i’ve been doing the same dumb stuff for a really. really. long time lol.
here’s the way i do 360 5a varials - but it’s prob different from what you’re going for, as i’m not trying to catch the loop. i just land back in the stall. regardless it’s helpful to have a pretty small stall to start from. anything with 5a fixed flips is super subtle. and i’ve NEVER been able to hit one where the yo-yo turns one direction and the cw goes the other. someday (never).

3 Likes

I see, i see. That’s what i though 5A kickflips would look like too.

Awesome, I’ll see what i can land based off that.

I already felt that. The move correlation of the yoyo + cw is way too erratic and sensible.

1 Like

Was playing mime a bit this weekend and its 0A all day forsure. A little wider and heavier than the Weekender. Mine was a little unresponsive out of the box, but with a few drops of thick its been consistently responsive. It’s width helps aid with Lunar catches.

3 Likes

just posted the 100th (and possibly final) trick video to the @bandalores insta.
kinda stoked :slight_smile: thanks to everyone who’s checked it out and used it!

12 Likes

BANDALORES is an awesome project. Very influential to my playing. Thanks for all of the post.

3 Likes

That katana catch was amazing. I would be wearing a helmet.

3 Likes