The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

"Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

Afternoon delight!"

2 Likes

Those look like fun!

540 varial to bro (It’s not a 720. Catching it to bro confused me a bit).

5 Likes

The Moonshine 2 is like the Weekender’s hefty older brother. It is amazing for stalls and regens. Right now, that’s the extent of my 0A skill set. I’m really glad that I got one.

4 Likes

I just placed an order for one last night, can’t wait to try it out!

1 Like

I just came back to say I just landed my first kickflip and I feel great!

9 Likes

Let’s go!!! It’s such a good feeling landing new stuff!

3 Likes

I’m revisiting kickflips as it’s a hit and a miss for me. Feels great though when I do land one. (I tried to kickflip a skateboard back in the day but could never land back in it unless I was on dirt.)

4 Likes

Going through the list of Ed’s fixed axle tricks on here, any tips for dump trucks? Seems to be a fun trick. I seem to be having difficulty getting the yoyo to change plane/flip 180 after doing the stall…

2 Likes

Zipline tested a lot of that using the KNack, and I haven’t even tried it. :disappointed:

3 Likes

That is a bummer. I would send you one, but I got the last two and they have become… precious to me.

2 Likes

I can do them like @edhaponik shows. The yoyo should do the flip pretty much automatically, and right as you curl your finger, so maybe concentrate on your motion at that moment. What I can’t figure out is how to do them like @drewtetz does them, where the yoyo passes over the forearm and out. IMO, it looks cooler that way:

Edit: I figured it out! Instead of curling your finger like in Ed’s version, you leave your TH index finger straight, and stick out your middle finger to hold the string. It’s nice to have variations. :grin:

5 Likes

I landed my first trapeze stall this morning. Using a Legend Wing no less (its light weight really helped). Now I’ve got learn how to regen out of it.

10 Likes

:clap: Just push a little out and down with your NTH.

2 Likes

So, I just landed my first kick flip! A one handed one. Not sure what you call it, but it was glorious::grin:

5 Likes

One handed for your first?! Exciting!

3 Likes

I’ve been practicing smooth regens after doing the one handed trapeze stall, and just decided to try a kick flip like that instead of regular trapeze. First attempt felt easier than trapeze, so I tried it a few more times. Got it in roughly 10 tries. So happy to finally know what it feels like. I think I can hone it now.

6 Likes

So you’re flipping and landing back on your thumb?

I was messing around with that too, and I’m about as low percentage as with the regular Kickflip. I think the loop is easier to catch, because it’s just right there, but it’s harder to keep the yoyo on the correct plane.

3 Likes

Yeah. I just landed it 3 more times, so it wasn’t just a fluke. Really satisfying after probably trying 100 of the regular kind with no success (and in the end questioning what I should be doing). Finally fixed axle February is yielding results. I haven’t thrown an unresponsive all month so far.

5 Likes

Yeah, I like it because it adds to one hand repertoire. I haven’t landed it swinging across my body. That seems way harder since you can’t see the loop as well.

Another good one for one handed play from that Lunar/Bird In Hand mount is Backhand Balance.

2 Likes