The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Duncan Butterfly.

Perfect for how you deacribed playing.

If you enjoy the butterfly, then look into Wood.

3 Likes

Butterfly, huh. What kind of stores can I get them at? I haven’t really looked. (Pacific Northwest)

Beyond has the cool unknown and glow, Easter, etc versions.

Target around this time sticks butterfly and imperials into the holidays. The target exclusive pink is always nice.

Walmart used to carry them but they swapped them for off brand knockoffs that suck.

The rainforest site has the purple exclusive color

There’s a Japan store with some awesome exclusive colors too.

Sam sells butterfly as well

Cracker Barrel of all places often has butterfly

Ace hardware sometimes has them

Of course Duncan has butterfly too

The only place that really doesn’t have them is YoYo expert funny enough but they don’t currently have any butterfly shaped fixed axle yo-yos listed. Which is why I feel fine name dropping alternatives for the one space that they absolutely don’t cater to in YoYo ATM. To be fair it’s silly to sell butterfly when you can pick one up out to breakfast so I get it.

Hint hint collab on a yye version and make me eat my words. I’ll take moderation of this post as confirmation :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks everyone! :pray:

@Pun1sh3R Brother Stall > slide yoyo down to non-throwhand > pull the string tight with both index fingers to create the “track” to slide the yoyo on > turn it horizontally and tilt it down towards your throwhand so the yoyo will slide down the “track” towards your throwhand > turn the yoyo back vertical and let it drop back into Brother Stall

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Ohh also while on your hunt there’s old and new versions of the butterfly and the newer version plays better.

2 Likes

Good to know; I appreciate all the info!

My local Microcenter also had Butterflies and Imperials.

2 Likes

Nailed it!

15 Likes

Unless you get an original glitter Butterfly, or find a really good 60’s/70’s Butterfly :grin:

The new ones are great, and a looonnnggg overdue refresh. It used to be, you never knew what you would get buying one. Halves misaligned, axles put in wrong and they cracked one of the halves, loose caps. They were all over the place. The new ones seemed to have fixed that, hopefully the quality stays high on them.

BUT, they still haven’t beat the feel and play of the glitter Butterfly’s. They are amazing!

4 Likes

true could always go to the auction site and search for some

Just because I haven’t filmed any tricks for a while.
@Jerrod I can’t believe how long you kept up with a trick a week

13 Likes

My goal was a new trick every week and I didn’t always meet it, but yeah, I can’t believe it either haha. Nice trick! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Didn’t get a video, but I just landed my first stall! It was using a YYF One, that thing stalls surprisingly well!

9 Likes
11 Likes

This thread needs more response

9 Likes
12 Likes

For someone starting out 0A, you’d tell them to get a butterfly, right? Well, what would you suggest they get next? Assuming they like it, and want to take it more seriously.

4 Likes

another butterfly

5 Likes

Butterfly can truly take you as far into 0a as you want to go. I’d say a butterfly is capable of 90-95% of all fixed axle tricks.

However, I totally understand wanting something nicer/more durable.

Layer infinity kasm is a really good option. It’s 3d printed and done very well. It also comes with a bearing so you can play it fixed or modern responsive. Not sure if there are any available but he does drops every so often or you could watch the bst.

No-jive 3in1 is hands down the best, most classic fixie in my opinion. It’s got so much great history and it’s just plain fun.

If you’re looking for affordable, you could try finding a legend wing or boho from YYF.

Honestly, the bst is the best place to find a good fixie for a good deal. Not many places keep good ones in stock.

5 Likes