The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

:rofl::rofl::+1:

5 Likes

Truer words have never been spoken. I was trying to get kickflips back on my skateboard yesterday for like 30min and my legs are so sore today. Gettin’ old!

5 Likes

Bro! I got a skateboard awhile back and was very pleased to learn I can still land, maybe, 1 out of every 10 kickflips!

I was not pleased, however, to learn how old my body has truly gotten. You ain’t kidding! 30 minute sesh and I’m toast :hot_face:

5 Likes

Steve! If you can do everything I’ve seen you do on a yoyo (and you can, I’ve seen it😂), you can do stalls, and even kickflips.

If you’re still having a struggle, I’d be happy to jump on a video call and help you out sometime when we both have time. This offer goes for anyone who would like some help with learning stalls or kickflips.

Hint: kendama knees and a gentler throw go a long way

2 Likes

Mostly my trouble I think is the subtle movements needed. I can sling a yo-yo no problem but small subtleties and easy motions are difficult because my arms/ fingers don’t like to cooperate with that. I’ve honestly been having trouble the last few weeks trying to learn anything. I’ve not been able to focus for more than maybe 3 minutes at a time. This happens sometimes, I’ll have a look at the video @Overtinkering updated and give it a shot. I have a nice new Spinworthy Dead ‘Orse to hone my skills on so that helps… :smiley:

4 Likes

So I just had a revelation that helped with the Trapeze Stall. I’ve been following the yo-yo with my eyes during the breakaway. I noticed that when I just stare where I want the stall to end… I seem to be hitting it!! :smiley:

5 Likes

it also helped me to keep my hands within the width of my body. it stopped me from my urge to catch a regular trapeze. also helped to find out you dont actually want the loop to be tight, even if trying a kickflip. i kept trying to make it grab super tight

1 Like

Keeping my eyes in front of me seems to keep my hands at the right width too. I’ve caught the trapeze stall more and more. When I feel like I have that I’ll look at the Kickflip. :wink::+1:

6 Likes

that’s awesome dude, I’m happy for ya!

4 Likes

Ok then… I’ve been catching Trapeze Stalls fairly regular on a few different responsives. Thanks to an updated Kickflip video from @Overtinkering
I caught 2 Kickflips tonight. It is rather satisfying!!

15 Likes

Knew you could do it! Heck yeah Steve!!!

3 Likes

They weren’t caught in a row and one was caught on the middle finger but hey…still caught it. :rofl:

8 Likes

If I said I caught every kickflip on the same finger that threw it, I’d be a liar.

That’s how it starts man. You’ll only get more consistent from here on out

6 Likes

I’ve caught several pinched between my fingers :grin:… counting it

4 Likes

Congratulations, I am happy to hear this!

4 Likes

I put all my tricks into one video. What a rad journey it’s been, but I think I’m going to take a break. :purple_heart:

23 Likes

7 Likes

really loved seeing you play jerrod! very inspiring and its because of you that i went looking for a purple butyerfly :butterfly: take care :saluting_face:

5 Likes

We’ll miss you! Have a nice break.

3 Likes

First Glen, now @Jerrod ! We can’t lose any more fixie folk!

5 Likes