The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Hey yeah, I saw your video and just had to try it. Fun idea!
I linked your original trick in the description, I like how you did the trick more actually, wanted a slower spin, but then that’s what lead me to trying it with the UFO hehe Thanks for sharing

1 Like

There are certain tricks like Shovit that usually happen by accident when I’m trying to do something else.
Down the drain is one of my attempts to turn a recurring mistake into a trick that connects to another trick, keep the combo going.

2 Likes

Well that’s fun. Yeah, lean into the “mistake” I totally hear you there!

Actually the shoveit is a really fun move to work with.

15 Likes

YOOOOOOO!!! The line at about :40 is nuts! Killer vid, man!

1 Like

welp, never got shipping notification from duncan but my butterfly showed up today so yay! hooray for surprise maildays! now i can start some 0a learning.

quick question tho, i started ed’s 0a tut series and with stalls, the undermount stall doesnt always wrap tightly enough to get the spin going again when i pop it out. do i need to throw it harder or am i doing something else wrong?

2 Likes

Two things I’ve observed that might help, but you probably aren’t doing anything wrong per se, just need to practice to get the feel for it.

The initial throw can be quite gentle compared to 1A, but when I pop it out, I have to put some extra force into my NTH pointer finger to get it spinning again. Really snap it down.

The other thing that worked for me in the beginning is to put my intercepting NTH finger much closer to my TH finger when doing the stall than Ed does to get it as wound up as much as possible. Same with the trapeze stall. After practicing a ton, I can relax that and still get a good spin again, which is better for some tricks (like kick flip).

3 Likes

that’s new to me and i love it! lotta cool potential there.

i have a similar idea i call mirror ball (or disco ball :mirror_ball:) which incorporates shuv-it elements, but it’s fundamentally different from that motion. very cool.

14 Likes

awesome tks for the tips!

1 Like

Oh also, I found trapeze stall much easier than undermount for some reason. Trapeze and brother make a great repeater for practicing.

2 Likes

Thanks @edhaponik

There’s probably going to be a lot of parallel development while I try to catch up, and it’s important to me that you know I’m not trying to take credit for anyone else’s tricks.
I won’t be on Insta until their robot stops accusing me of being a robot, and on YT I’ll often stop halfway through a video to practice a trick, then not get round to watching the last half.

I was really happy to find out you did Mach Zero years before me but chose the same name. Also cool that we’re coming at that one from two different mounts (I like yours better, I need to practice Y-mount variations that don’t just lead into a CW trick).

Happy Fixed Friday!

11 Likes

The peoples champ! this rules so hard, That double over kickflip whip thing at about :20 is probably one of the coolest tricks I’ve seen.

3 Likes

8 Mystic combo

10 Likes

i know im a day early, but…

I JUST HIT MY FIRST KICKFLIP!!

i know i know, video or it didnt happen, but man that was one i thought I’d never get, then bam! what a great way to start the day :grin:

18 Likes

Wooooooh! Congrats!!! :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

I caught a really nice trapeze stall yesterday and so I tried my first kickflip. Nope. I still have tremendous difficulty with stalls so I just don’t do 0a style play very much at all. I might never get a kickflip. :rofl:

7 Likes

you can do it! honestly stalls really just clicked with me. hmu if ur interested and ill gladly share the few tips i ran across that helped me get over the finish line. @Overtinkering has very helpful tuts too!

5 Likes

Thanks @Splizacular :pray:

@Slestak75 I would be happy to help. I can share tutorials i have made, i actually redid that tutorial recently maybe it’s the piece your missing.
Send me a clip or something. Shoot me DM, maybe we can work it out. You need the kickflip in your life.

4 Likes

Awesome Congratulations :tada:

3 Likes