The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Nice trick indeed, but I’m afraid @paulkerbel is on another level with the hat tricks.

That looks haaaaaard

2 Likes

Fixie stuff: In/Out

com-resize(13)

slomo

8 Likes

Yeah, but you vote for your favorite two tricks…

gonna need a tut for that.

1 Like

I’d just vote for @paulkerbel twice then, since he is my yoyo hero!

1 Like

Dang @Exmime!!! Impressive to say the least. Which model are you throwing here?

1 Like

Oh that’s not me, that’s the man behind TMBR Colin Leland playing a Purple Heart Irving back in 2011. I just figured out how to only do a couple in a row. Neutral tension keep it smooth, roll completely over the TH before release, stay confident and catch, repeat. I’ve also have landed into a stall, but not under constant control yet. Having fun with this element.

4 Likes

This one too:

8 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

1 Like

going through this ooooold fixed axle youtube playlist and came across this one from 6 years ago which I still dig, all on the early TMBR stuff. (The end is worth it lol) :slight_smile:

12 Likes

There’s some crazy stuff in here!

4 Likes

I compiled this a while back:

Unfortunately a lot of the videos are no longer available, but it’s still a good resource.

I was going to try to get through it, but it got real hard, real fast for me!

BTW, @Logi, who was the runner up, has posted some amazing whip/laceration tricks on a fixed axles. Haven’t seen him around…

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @Myk_Myk!!! Hope you get a new throw!!!

2 Likes

That is awesome! Lol that contest was STRESSFUL. It was tough to think of sequentially more difficult tricks to hit. I kinda hated to finish it on loops, but those guys were deadlocked and I was leaving the country lol. Would be interesting to try it again now that the 0a scene has evolved a bit. It definitely pulled some folks into it at least for a while.

7 Likes

Got a 2019 Purpleheart Irving arriving tomorrow. I would love the opportunity to not win another contest, lol.

Edit: Also HBD @Myk_Myk !

4 Likes

FInally can land 360 varials consistently!

com-resize(14)

Slomo

18 Likes

This makes me so happy

7 Likes

Loved that contest! I’m busier than I’d like to be usually, so that contest helped me to try things that would’ve probably taken me longer to try.

3 Likes

Nice! I haven’t gotten what I’d call “consistent” yet with varials, but they are so satisfying when you land them.

3 Likes