The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

What makes it so good?

1 Like

It’s soft, but durable. White, not weird off-white like all other cotton I have. All other cotton I try sort of ‘thins out’ pretty quickly, and alters response as a result, but the ZipLine stays at its original thickness.

I’d gladly pay them for the recipe if they didn’t want to keep making it. Since it’s labor-intensive, it may not ever be made by the Park family again, or just be very pricey.

1 Like

360 varial, hand switch landing.

3 Likes

0A though of the day: The og Duncan Wheels is an outstanding fixed axle yoyo.

5 Likes

I have the current Duncan Wheels model, and it is usable only after you replace the cheap plastic trans-axle with a decent slim C bearing. Why did Duncan redesign it this way? It was outstanding before, now it is trash (unless you upgrade it).

1 Like

The 2016 Wheels spacer is a great fixed axle spacer in other throws cause its a bit wider than a 1/2 spec C. I’m still playing this Bolt 2 set up

2 Likes

When you say “spacer” do you mean trans-axle? They mean different things to me (I can buy spacers which are like small washers, and which are very different from trans-axles).

I enjoyed mine, but they’ve all come apart on me. I seem to have a knack for doing that to non- take-apart fixed axle yoyos though…

I’m guessing you don’t play Duncan Imperials…those things are damn near indestructible in my experience. :wink:

1 Like

Haha, I have in the past, and you’re right, never had one come apart!

Bandai use to call them PBs (Plastic Bearings). Yes its acts as a Trans-Axle in the 2016 Wheels cause it floats and rotates around the axle similar to a Fireball. In yo-yo"s like the Bolt 2 or a Sherpa it tightens around the bearing seat like a bearing spacer. With poly strings its plays really smooth, quite and consistent response as a bearing spacer.

1 Like

I guess I don’t quite understand how something so wide can serve as a spacer!

You could call it a plastic bearing blank similar to the Luftverk blanks.

So you mean it takes the place of the ball bearing in a yoyo like the Sherpa, and gets locked in place like a Luftverk bearing blank would?

2 Likes

Yep, makes the Bolt 2 an 0A machine.

2 Likes

Okay, so it either functions as a trans-axle or as a bearing blank. Still not what I would call a “spacer”, which is an object that sits on either side of the bearing to push the body halves away from the bearing and make the gap wider.

Its a PB a Plastic Bearing like from the Bandai days of Team High Performance (THP)

You could always do what I do, take a bearing that’s bad and fill it with super glue :grin:, I personally like the KK with super glue, it ends up being a smaller diameter in the center.

1 Like

I hate blanks generally due to their diameter. The best variation I’ve found is taking apart a regular bearing and just using the inner race. gives it a nice little groove for the string and the diameter is smaller. Still no substitute for a yo-yo designed to be fixed axle, but it works.

5 Likes

How does one do that?