The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

btw. This is absolutely insane. I’d say there’s gonna be a couple of years until someone else lands something like this.

2 Likes

Irving didn’t take kindly to my watch…

I’m distraught. ;_;

4 Likes

baloney, you bit that straight up

3 Likes

Yo-yo is the reason I stopped wearing watches. I got tired of the dings and string snags pretty quick

4 Likes

I love the smell of a good ano burn. This is much different and saddening.

1 Like

Sand it a little, and love it more.

2 Likes

I’ll have to! Alas I know NOTHING of any practical skill. Should I use fine sandpaper so it’s smoother? Coarse so the chunks really get removed? Combination?

1 Like

Can relate!

5 Likes

OK fam, for anyone who got the ZipLine Cotton, what is the closest thing readily available?

2 Likes

Something I would like to know. Man that cotton string is the best I have used!!

3 Likes

It iiiiiiiiiiis. Sad I could only snag 2. The last they had I guess. I talked to Mr Park and am not hopeful for future runs.

1 Like

What makes it so good?

1 Like

It’s soft, but durable. White, not weird off-white like all other cotton I have. All other cotton I try sort of ‘thins out’ pretty quickly, and alters response as a result, but the ZipLine stays at its original thickness.

I’d gladly pay them for the recipe if they didn’t want to keep making it. Since it’s labor-intensive, it may not ever be made by the Park family again, or just be very pricey.

2 Likes

360 varial, hand switch landing.

3 Likes

0A though of the day: The og Duncan Wheels is an outstanding fixed axle yoyo.

5 Likes

I have the current Duncan Wheels model, and it is usable only after you replace the cheap plastic trans-axle with a decent slim C bearing. Why did Duncan redesign it this way? It was outstanding before, now it is trash (unless you upgrade it).

1 Like

The 2016 Wheels spacer is a great fixed axle spacer in other throws cause its a bit wider than a 1/2 spec C. I’m still playing this Bolt 2 set up

3 Likes

When you say “spacer” do you mean trans-axle? They mean different things to me (I can buy spacers which are like small washers, and which are very different from trans-axles).

I enjoyed mine, but they’ve all come apart on me. I seem to have a knack for doing that to non- take-apart fixed axle yoyos though…

I’m guessing you don’t play Duncan Imperials…those things are damn near indestructible in my experience. :wink:

1 Like