The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Haha, I have in the past, and you’re right, never had one come apart!

Bandai use to call them PBs (Plastic Bearings). Yes its acts as a Trans-Axle in the 2016 Wheels cause it floats and rotates around the axle similar to a Fireball. In yo-yo"s like the Bolt 2 or a Sherpa it tightens around the bearing seat like a bearing spacer. With poly strings its plays really smooth, quite and consistent response as a bearing spacer.

1 Like

I guess I don’t quite understand how something so wide can serve as a spacer!

You could call it a plastic bearing blank similar to the Luftverk blanks.

So you mean it takes the place of the ball bearing in a yoyo like the Sherpa, and gets locked in place like a Luftverk bearing blank would?

2 Likes

Yep, makes the Bolt 2 an 0A machine.

2 Likes

Okay, so it either functions as a trans-axle or as a bearing blank. Still not what I would call a “spacer”, which is an object that sits on either side of the bearing to push the body halves away from the bearing and make the gap wider.

Its a PB a Plastic Bearing like from the Bandai days of Team High Performance (THP)

You could always do what I do, take a bearing that’s bad and fill it with super glue :grin:, I personally like the KK with super glue, it ends up being a smaller diameter in the center.

1 Like

I hate blanks generally due to their diameter. The best variation I’ve found is taking apart a regular bearing and just using the inner race. gives it a nice little groove for the string and the diameter is smaller. Still no substitute for a yo-yo designed to be fixed axle, but it works.

5 Likes

How does one do that?

I don’t remember. I break stuff intuitively.
Remove shields, pop out the balls, and the races should come apart?

2 Likes

Decided to try something I’ve never done before in fear of if the yoyo wanted to surprise attack me from behind… But found this to be a lot easier than a regular moon… Shoot the moon down under!

5 Likes

That’s great! I’ve been working these out too. Mostly because when I’m indoor the ceiling is to low to moon so I under arm it.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

E-Fan Kickflip.

This was dumb hard to land.

5 Likes

Happy FFF (friday)!

Today I present to you a Kamikaze kickflip.

6 Likes

You’re amazing @EOS44 !

1 Like

I think that’s my favorite!

1 Like

WOWZERS!!

When the heck are you going to receive your KNack??

Is some Dude and the El Salvadorian postal service laughing and throwing it around right now?.. It could have been delivered three times over by now!

3 Likes

Step 1. Find a bearing you want to break.

Step 2. Squeeze it with pliers or vice grips until the outer race breaks.

2 Likes