That “other” yoyo site…

[ultimate facepalm]

We were not supposed to say it.

You really didn’t get the memo, huh?
obligatory facepalm.

Yoyonation is NOT going down, they are closing the store for a few weeks to restock all the yoyo, looking forward to a huge comeback from Yoyonation!!!

Quote from YYN

this made my night lol

I do not want to doubt them. But why does the store have to close for a few weeks for a re-stock?
What does “re-stocking” mean anyway - in the context of webstore?
Cant they re-stock while the website is up?

They closed the store portion of the website because there’s nothing in it. They had a final clearance sale this last week to get rid of all remaining stock. I would assume that with the restock, they are planning to clean the store’s pages up and take away all the things that are never coming back. I could be wrong, but that would be one good reason to block it off and it needs to be done if the store is going to be a nice place to shop.

As for what restocking means, a webstore is in many ways just like a brick and mortar store. When you order from YYE you’re not ordering from the manufacturer, at least in most cases. YYE buys that stock wholesale, stores it, and resells it to you. I’d assume the other site probably has to re-establish a relationship with their manufacturers, order a bulk of stock, and wait for it to come in where it can be inventoried and added to the site. It’ll probably take quite a while before their store is back up at full strength if they’re planning to do that.

They could also be saying that they need to shut down the store server for a whole makeover in terms of the website layout and stuff. Compared to YYE and JD’s store, the other store’s layout is way too outdated and it’s not very user-friendly.

So not only they’re warming themselves up for another grand re-opening, they’re probably also preparing for a whole new website.

Again, this will be good for YYE because it increases competition

I kinda like YYN’s layout. Anyway, the whole shop is completely out of stock, they are probably receiving hundreds or even thousands of yoyos to restock, gonna be hard to take orders while doing that.

1 Like

Well, sorry, I’m not one of those people who “catch on” quickly. By the way, if I’m right, then we are not allowed to say the names of stores that are competitive to YYE. Technically, YYN is closed for now, so it isn’t really a “competitive” store at the moment. Am I right? I don’t know.

Yes, but it still exists. AND will be up again in a few weeks.

It will be back soon.

I have to say that even though that’s the only place I’ve ever encountered any unfriendly people in this great community, and even then just 2 or 3, it is kind of sad to look and see only 5 people logged in.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I think that out of respect and courtesy for the site in question, that we should have this thread locked and perhaps removed.

Since YYE doesn’t want us really talking about other stores, it seems this should be no different. Regardless, we need a few more yoyo stores around, regardless if they are big, small, niche or maybe only carrying special run items.